Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sync speed throttling?

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone from talktalk is available to have a look at the issue i have above from a couple of weeks ago please.

Thanks,

James

Fothers
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi James,

I'm really sorry for the delay in getting back to you and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Unfortunately we can't reset DLM here as this would need to be completed as part of an engineer investigation. Could I just confirm, what sync speed were you receiving before the speed dropped?

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

hi would just like too add talk-talk can do a remote DLM  reset this is now possible and has been for quite sometime bazer 

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi,

Just to confirm, my line shouldn't be showing a fault as it is working fine, however the current line rate vs the attainable rate, and speed we get for several months following a DLM reset is much higher. 

Our current rate sits at 32397kbps down. Previously it sits happily at 45000kbps.

Just to confirm, nothing has changed internally in our property.

The BT engineer that has made two previous visits said this drop can be down to sporadic interference in our local community due to the makeup of the network being partially ancient aluminium based wiring in our village. 😂

He said to ask for a remote DLM reset as another engineer visit (especially at this time) would be unnecessary to get our line back to full working speed.

I attach our router DSL stats for reference.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this matter for us again!

James

Fothers
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi James,

I'm sorry but we would need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further, the engineer would then be able to reset DLM if required

Chris

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
hi , i have an ongoing issue with talktalk my sync speed slipped lower than it should very close to fibre cabinet your tech team in Manchester say they have done a remote dlm reset ie they request bt or to do a remote dlm reset are you aware this can be done
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply. 

Well that seems like waste of talktalk / BTs money seeing as they seem to have to do it a couple of times a year, but if that is the only option then yes please let's get an engineer booked in again.

If it is the same guy as last time, he may just reset it from his phone like he did the last time without even needing to come in to our house.

Just wondering if you can shed any light on Bazers comment above which suggested a remote reset was possible as did the engineer?

Thanks,

James

Fothers
Highlighted
Community Star

Is your current sync speed above the guaranteed minimum? Even if not you may have to wait for a while, it is highly unlikely that Openreach will regard a visit for a DLM reset as a priority at the present time.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi fothersiow,

I'll ask our network team what the best course of action is here, due to current circumstances, I'll let you know when I receive an update 

Thanks 

Chris

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi fothersiow,

Our Network Team have asked if you can try a 30 minute router power down to clear the current session.

Thanks