would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sync speed very low

16 REPLIES 16
londo
Popular Poster

Hi there

Just noticed, again my sync speed is 5.2Mbps , had that few weeks ago, an engeeneer come in and reset connection, and everything was fine for 2-3 weeks. Also noticed my BB router lighs goes orange few times a week, My router is connected to master socket and I am using microfilter

Londo

Londo
Community Team

Hi londo 

I'm sorry to hear this.

Just to confirm, which router are you using? (make and model)

There are a high number of re connections showing on the line. Is the connection dropping or has the router been rebooted?

Thanks

Debbie

londo
Popular Poster

Hi

My modem is

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub
version SG4K10001E00t

Last time I reboot my router whet been asked to do that over live chat (begining of January), as I said before sync light on the router goes orange on random times, Now it says sync speed 4.7Mbps Connected since 09h04m57s that mean had orange light again

Londo

Londo
Community Team

Hi londo,

Thanks for update. The connection still looks unstable. Is the voice service ok with no noise on the line? Do you have an alternative router that you can test with to rule this out?

Thanks

londo
Popular Poster

Hi

Don't known how voice over phone as don't have/use landline telephone. The only alternative router I have is my old BT Smatr Hub, don't known if i can use it if I am with TT now

Londo
londo
Popular Poster

Just connected BT smart hub with no luck

bt hub.jpgbt hub1.jpg

Londo
Community Team

Hi londo,

Ok, would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out? Would it be possible to borrow a phone for testing purposes to rule out any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line?

Thanks

londo
Popular Poster
Hi
Yes, please send a router for testing and I will organize a phone today as well
Londo
Community Team

Hi londo 

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

londo
Popular Poster
will do
Londo
Community Team
londo
Popular Poster

Hi

Just connected new router, it's sync at up 15Mbps down 1Mbps, still farr under my estimate, voice service sound ok for me, the new router I recieved is version SG4K10001400t

Londo
Community Team

Hi londo 

Just to confirm, has the replacement router been connected at the test socket for 48hrs without being rebooted?

Thanks

Debbie

londo
Popular Poster

Hi

The replacment router has been coneccted with new microfilter and new cables yesterday at about 16pm so will let you known tommorow how it's going on

Londo
Community Team

Hi londo,

Ok thanks for the update.

Thanks

londo
Popular Poster

Hi

A wee update, a replacment router has been left connected for over 2 days ( since Monday ~4PM ) with new microfilter, power cord and telephone cable. It sync at Up 15Mbps, Down 1.1Mbps.

Londo
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi londo,

Thanks for the update, current sync speed is 14.3Mbps, if the speed does drop again please let us know 

Chris