would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Synchronization speed problem/question

23 REPLIES 23
jmisiek84
First Timer

HI, 

I'm with talktalk for a few years now, when I started I was getting speed around 52mb after a while I had some problems with stability of the line ( synchronization drop due to weather ) after reporting that few times ( had couple visits bub mostly been told that there is no issues at the moment) I had engineer visit and new cable instalation from home to post and all problem with connection seems to be fixed didn't have any disconnects at all but since then my line never get past synchronization of 45/11mb. Previusly I was with BT on the same line and was getting speed up to 70mb. I'm on faster fibre with fibre speed boost, I had line checked and there is no faults , so my question now is there anything what can be done to get me to previous synch speed? Can talktalk match or at least get bit closer to BT results?

Sorry for my bad English.

Community Team

Hi jmisiek84,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Could I just confirm, does your master socket have a test socket? Is the voice service ok with no noise on the line? Have you ever tested with a different router?

Thanks

jmisiek84
First Timer

Good morning Michelle,

I'm not at home at the moment but few weeks ago I had engineer visit and he installed new socket, voice service is ok no notice at all and on Monday I had new router delivered and it went straight for synchronization 45/11.5 never above or below its like stuck on that , before that I had router 35days without connection drop

Thanks

Community Team

Hi jmisiek84,

How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone socket(s) in addition to your router?

Chris

jmisiek84
First Timer
Hi Chris,

Just one telephone socket and it's mk4, no additional equipment

Thanks
Community Team

OK thanks,

Line test is passing and sync speed looks OK, connection also appears to be stable. Your line profile isn't limiting your speed. Is your router situated close to other devices that could be causing interference? Is your router connected to a multi-socket electrical extension lead shared with other devices? 

Chris

jmisiek84
First Timer
Yes router is on multi-socket extension and it's not far from TV and phone but I'm getting 42mb on wireless speed test it's only like don't want to go to higher synchronization
Community Team

Could you try connecting your router directly to a wall socket (bypassing the multi-socket extension lead) - if you could let me know when you've done this I'll check if there's any improvement 

Chris

jmisiek84
First Timer
No problem, done that now
Community Team

OK thanks, I'll take a look at this now and get back to you

Chris

Community Team

I've just run another line test and sync speed is 44.3Mbps so no improvement, so just to confirm, you telephone is currently disconnected (you just have the router connected)?

Chris

jmisiek84
First Timer
Yes it's only router and I move it away from anything
Community Team

Hi jmisiek84

I can see re connections on the line most days, are you rebooting the router?

Thanks

Debbie

jmisiek84
First Timer
Hi,

I rebooted router twice yesterday to get it off extension lead
Community Team

Hi jmisiek84

Thanks for your reply.

Would it be possible to leave the router switched on over the weekend? (without rebooting) We can then check the connection stats again on Monday.

Debbie

jmisiek84
First Timer

Yes that shouldn't be a problem

Community Team

Hi jmisiek84

Thank you 🙂 I will check the connection stats on Monday morning and post back on this thread.

Debbie

Community Team

Hi jmisiek84

I've checked the connection stats again this morning and the connection looks stable but the sync speed has remained at 44.3mb.

There is some interference detected on the line tests, is the router located nearby to any electrical devices or cordless phones base unit?

Thanks

Debbie

jmisiek84
First Timer
Good morning Debbie,

No I move it away from anything, there could be moments when my little one puts her tablet not far of but I was moving it away

Thanks
Community Team

Hi jmisiek84

Thanks for your reply.

As the current sync speed is within the predicted range for your line we would be unable to raise this as a fault to Openreach.

If the connection remains stable then DLM may increase the speed again over time.

Thanks

Debbie