cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TERRIBLE Super Fast Fibre Speed

dpcoy
Popular Poster

We managed to connect after I turned off the router & turned it back on again.

I wanted to make it so only mine and my brothers ps4’s are the only ones connected to 2.4Ghz, but none of the other devices can connect to the 5Ghz so they’ve had to connect to the 2.4Ghz as well.

I just did another wifi test connection on my PS4 and it came up with 1.9Mbps (download) and 996kbps (upload). Is there really no way of getting anything close to the advertised 50Mb?

OCE_Michelle
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi dpcoy,

Thanks for trying this. Would you like to try a different router for testing purposes to see how the wireless connection and speed compares?

Thanks

dpcoy
Popular Poster

Yeah please that could be good

OCE_Debbie

Hi dpcoy

Apologies for the delay.

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with the replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie

dpcoy
Popular Poster

Nothing changed, it’s the same as the previous router

OCE_Debbie

Hi dpcoy

Are you experiencing the same wireless issues? Are wired connections still ok?

Thanks

Debbie

dpcoy
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie,

Yeah it’s still the same problem and the wires are all fine. I also did the same previous tips that people on this thread have suggested me but nothings changed unfortunately.

My family and I have decided that leaving TalkTalk is the only solution now, like I have said before, when we signed with TalkTalk we were promised 50Mbps, now I know that it doesn’t have to be exactly that amount but I am currently struggling even getting 1Mbps so its very tiresome trying to constantly find solutions and fixes. 

OCE_Karl

Hi

The line shows as in sync here at 53mb.

The next option would be to send one of our engineers to have a look, but if you have decided the only option for you is to leave, then you will need to contact our customer loyalty teams to action this.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

dpcoy
Popular Poster

It may show that but the wifi isn’t getting through to us. The problem’s been constant since we first joined which is a few months ago now.

Could you send over an engineer to check our broadband please

OCE_Debbie

Hi dpcoy

This would be a TalkTalk engineer visit.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie