Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TT Network Test

13 REPLIES 13
KBJ79
Team Player

I’ve just run the TT Network test and it reckons that I have a Stability Problem - I haven’t noticed any disconnections but wonder as I’m only half a mile from the exchange should I be getting more than 60mb and closer to the 67mb your adverts suggest? Was averaging 63mb earlier ....

The phone line isn’t noisy so wonder if you can check this out for me?

Thanks

Community Team

Hi KBJ79

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which has detected a possible fault with the landline service.

Is your landline service working ok when making calls? (any noise)

Thanks

Debbie

KBJ79
Team Player

Hi Debbie

I’ve just checked my phone and the line is noise free. Shall I try going to the test socket with the filter to see how things go? I noticed that my connection has reconnected on it’s own yesterday too.

Thanks

Ken

Community Team

Hi Ken

Thanks for your reply.

Yes please can you connect the router and filter at the test socket? I can then run a further line test in this set up.

Thanks

Debbie

KBJ79
Team Player

Hi Debbie

All connected via the test socket, rebooted the router and the download speed is still showing the same - 60mb - and the phone line isn't noisy.

Over to you for line checks! 🙂

Ken

Community Team

Hi Ken

Thank you 🙂

The line tests are still detecting a possible fault so I have escalated this fault over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.

We should receive further updates within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

KBJ79
Team Player

Hi Debbie

Thanks, Ken

Community Team
KBJ79
Team Player

Hi Debbie - I’ve just received a text from TT saying the Service Issue has been resolved so I checked my connection and it showed 60mb download and no reboot since yesterday.

I rebooted the router and it connected at 60mb as before so not sure what BT Openworld did but guess your test should be okay now - if you can let me know.

Thanks again, Ken

Community Team

Hi Ken

Thanks for your reply.

The line tests are now clear. Would it be possible to monitor the connection to see if the connection now remains stable?

Debbie

KBJ79
Team Player

Will do 

Community Team

Hi Ken

Thank you. Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

KBJ79
Team Player

All seems ok with a constant connection speed of 60mb - not as fast as it was 6 weeks or so ago but better than nothing 🙂

Ken

Community Team

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the update. What speeds were you previously receiving?

Thanks