Did you mean: 
Need help?

TT hub and 3rd party router setup

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Team Player

Hello, 

Please can someone advise. 

I am considering   installing  a  separate  ASUS  router(only). I'd like to  know  if I  can use  HG633 or  any  TT  hub as the modem or  atleast  connect  them so that  the TT hardware  connects   to the TT fibre and the  router is  just   plugged to the  TT hub via  one of the Ethernet ports. (disabling  wifi on the TT hub).  I guess  to  the wan input. Does the router need to  be in any specific mode  for this to  work  , if it  possible.  Is what  I am trying  to  describe doable  or is the best option aside of  going  out   an buying  a Vigor 130  modem or  similar.   

Thanks

Highlighted
Wise Owl

I'm like 99% sure you can set the HG633 to bridge mode to do what you want but I'm 99% sure that the Sagem 5364 cannot be set that way which could then cause issues.

Fritz

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
well I have my TT WiFi Hub FAST5364 set up as main modem/router then its connected by cable to another router 30m cat5e cable (router 2) and another router (router 3) by Powerplugs connection (both router 2 and 3) as slave routers so as to use the ports as extra connections and extended wifi all round house and garden, seems to work OK. They are all TT new and older routers.
Highlighted
Team Player

Thanks for the info. sounds simple. just wondering with something like an Asus router if I need to stick it in  bridge mode and shut off  dhcp and the wireless on the TT hub. 

Highlighted
Team Player

Thanks Fritz. I was thinking I need to put the Asus router in bridge mode and turn dhcp off. Have the TT hub do the connection  kinda act like modem  part and then hook up the router. Could be i have it wrong I am definitely no expert. 

Highlighted
Wise Owl

You ideally want the ISP modem/ router in bridge mode or you may get issues. particularly with gaming/ port forwarding. There are work arounds but they are not ideal.

The Sagecom can't be put into bridge mode unless they changed it in a firmware update but the HG633 can.

Google "Double NAT" for some more info.

Fritz

Highlighted
Team Player
will do thanks Fritz