Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Talk Talk have been great, until now

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi forum. I'm a long time customer with no problems at all previously. However for the last 3-4 months I've suffered with intermittent reset of my router (HUAWEI HG633 v H.1.01). Contacted Talk Talk on many occasions, only to be told my line and checks of router are ok. I've had BT check the line. Line fine. He mentioned a router fault.

I then upgraded to Faster Fibre with a promise of speeds 38 plus. Plus a new router.

To date, i have no router, after being told by tech all is ok with the one i have, plus my download speed has dropped to 11.1 and upload to 9.26. Far from what was promised! Nobody wants to help. I hope im in the 30 day contract guarantee as I'm sadly thinking of leaving. Thanks for any help. 

Russ

Russ
Highlighted
Community Star

Your current router is perfectly compatible with fibre, which new router were you promised? Please can you elaborate by answering these few questions:-

1. What is the exact status of the lights on the front of the router when this happens?
2. If you have any wired connections, are they affected in the same way as wireless ones?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Russ,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi Michelle, I have updated. Thanks. 

Russ
Highlighted
First Timer

I think it’s their newest offering.

1. When I have seen it do it. The lights are all out, except power. Internet then flashes green then goes solid red. I have to reset when it gets stuck that way. Then all is ok for a while. 

2. Nothing hardwired.

Russ
Highlighted

Hi Russ

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

The line tests are not detecting any faults and the sync speed looks good.

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer

Yes please, thank you.

Russ
Highlighted

Hi

Router is on the way for testing.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE