cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Talk Talk not connecting to my work VPN (DirectAccess)

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
First Timer

I've seen a few threads suggesting that a different router might work - mine is the Sagemcom-FAST5364. I have been able to access DirectAccess (my work VPN) with no problems since last October up till last Friday, so I'm puzzled as to what has changed in the past week. (I can access the Internet, just not the DirectAccess server.) I've been in touch with a couple of Chat agents but no luck in resolving it, the second chap said that DirectAccess is a VPN and that Talk Talk does not support VPN, so I don't know if this means I need to switch provider? Does anyone have any ideas, please? 

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Marisa

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Marisa, what the agent meant is that they aren't able to offer support for the VPN not that our products don't support the use of VPN. This is purely down to the nature and number of VPN products and their use.I know it's a daft question but you have rebooted the router since it stopped working haven't you?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
First Timer
Yes, multiple times, also my laptop. Any ideas? Marisa
Highlighted

Hi PhineasandFerb

Have you tried splitting the SSID's?

You could try splitting the SSIDs on your router and testing the connection between the 5gh channel and the 2gh channel, some devices operate better with just 1 channel selected. 

Log into the router  (192.168.1.1 etc ) and manually change the SSID (Wi Fi) name of the 5ghz channel.

I often find it is better to keep the 2 broadcast channels separate.  For example, I have changed mine, and call one Home2Ghz and the other Home5Ghz.  Some devices can drop the connection when the SSID's remain the same.

Also, you can try manually setting the wifi channel  for each broadcast channel. Try channel 6 for the 2ghz channel and 44 for the 5ghz channel.

Give this a try , test with both SSID's and see if the connection improves.

Thanks 

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer

Thanks, Debbie - I've followed your instructions but am still not able to connect. I have no trouble accessing the internet from my work laptop, just the DirectAccess is not attainable. I've talked to the IT guys at my work and they say it looks as though the Talk Talk connection is dropping the handshake, if that makes sense? Are there any other channels I should try? Or anything else you can suggest? Thanks in advance, I'm hoping there will be a way to sort this. Marisa

Highlighted

Hi PhineasandFerb,

I'm sorry for the delay. Does this also happen if you connect wired? Have you tried fully factory resetting the router and then testing this again? Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Restore your router to factory settings

Thanks

Highlighted
First Timer

We have fixed all direct access issues for our users by changing DNS settings on their router to 8.8.8.8 everything works perfectly after this.