Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Talk talk router. LATENCY GAMING!

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Chat Champion

Can anyone please tell me if they can game with the Talk Talk router without latency, Hard wired no other devices on. I’m having to use tp link w9970 as for me this is an impossibility, all you can feel is drag from the off, also how much access do talk talk have from there headquarters with 3rd party routers, thank you.

Donny
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi JAMSROO7,

Just to confirm, do you not experience latency with the TP link router?

Chris

Highlighted
Chat Champion

1F38F535-91A7-43FD-A64F-F4E65D525CA9.pngChris not as bad as the TT router. I’ve noticed my snr upstream has gone up, could this be down to interference, you set at at 11, after you fixed the line fault.

Donny
Highlighted
Chat Champion

my snr has gone up to 16! Now can’t get it down, I’m not putting your heap of a router back in as it drives me mad lool, please could someone diagnose the best profile for gaming, I understand you can’t put me on fast path but this is worse than useless, if I want to watch a movie or stream, it’s amazing, but I don’t. bump bump 

Donny
Highlighted
Chat Champion

Could this be interference in my property, as i’ve Moved the router a few times, thx.

Donny
Highlighted
Philosopher

If the noise margin is high that will give you better stability and less errors.

If DLM changes your upstream rate from 19 to the maximum of 20 Mbps, your noise margin will only drop by a couple of dB and will remain well above the normal target of 6.

There is no "gaming profile" offered by TT, you are entirely at the mercy of DLM, no manual intervention is possible.

Martin
Highlighted
Chat Champion

Hi Martswain, I can honestly say I wasn’t getting any errors before so less, wouldn’t really be beneficial to me, I’m cancelling my service now.

Donny
Highlighted
Chat Champion

Hi where it says network, on the TT router settings the nats disabled is this correct.

Donny
Highlighted
Chat Champion

Thx for replying guys, I spoke to tech, they were quite helpful, gonna monitor it till Monday, there gonna try a few things, if no joy I can leave my contract.

Donny
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi JAMSROO7,

Ok, thanks for the update.

Thanks