would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk Hub fast 5364 slow sync speed compared to old

4 REPLIES 4
shu__
Popular Poster

Hi,

I recently received the Talktalk hub and ever since installing my Sync speed fluctuates between 30-60mb for download, I am on the fibre speed boost. 

My previous router which was a rock solid in terms of sync speed, the TP link VR400 and would sync at 74mb. 

I feel like the router is causing this issue? 

My line stats are below, it seems upload has hit max speed.

Downstream Upstream

Actual Rate [Kbps]         60000            19848

Maximum Rate [Kbps]    72696            19848

Noise Margin [dB]            9.60                6.10

Attenuation [dB]              18.20               0.00

Power [dBm]                    13.10             7.30

KeithFrench
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi shu__

Your line is in sync at 57.4mb. I can see re connections on the line and this can affect the sync speed.

Is the connection dropping or have you rebooted the router?

Thanks

Debbie

shu__
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie,

I rebooted the router as sometimes it syncs higher than it currently is.

Community Team

Hi shu__

Would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket for 48hrs (without rebooting the router)

We can then check to see if DLM increases the speed.

Thanks

Debbie