Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk blocking video games....

4 REPLIES 4
matas17
First Timer

So since yesterday i could not connect to any online video game server that includes following: Steam, Blizzard's Battle.net launcher, EA's Origin launcher, Ubisoft's Uplay Launcher. Anytime i get it gives me error saying that online servers cant be reached and connection failed. 

But I feel like TalkTalk is *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* around since whenever i use VPN and connect to different country it works right away and its not windows 10 issue seems like TalkTalk is doing something shady and blocking all the connections to video game servers no matter what and ontop of that, kids safe, Scam protection, virus alerts and all that is turned off. Also Google Chrome now automatically turns on safesearch and its all caused by TalkTalk. 

I feel like this company doesn't care abotu their customers and want to control everything they do....

KeithFrench
Community Star

I will try & help you, but you have given very little to go on. Please can you elaborate by answering these few questions:-

1. What make/model of router do you have (if this is a TalkTalk router, these details will be on a label on the rear or underside of it) and what firmware version is it running?
2. Please can you send me the router's DSL line stats?
3. If you have any wired connections, are they affected in the same way as wireless ones?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
matas17
First Timer

1. Device Ver FAST 5364-3.T8 or this TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub 
version SG4K10002600t

2. Dont know how to get DSL line stats

3. I am on wired connection and its same as wireless on my Huawei P20 pro. TalkTalk seems to have enabled SafeSearch on google chrome and i cant disable it since it keeps turning back on.

Seems like whatever TalkTalk did it edited settings on my router from their end and it blocked all the outgoing connections to game servesr no matter what only way to bypass it was VPN but now i fixed it myself...

KeithFrench
Community Star

Please log into the router & go to:-

Dashboard > See internet settings > Manage advanced settings > TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub > Device Info > General

then scroll down to the xDSL section & get a screenshot of that. TalkTalk have no control over your PC, let alone Chrome.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi matas17,

If you still need assistance can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Chris