would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

TalkTalk broadband speed checker

5 REPLIES 5
Flumoxd
Chatterbox

Hi everyone

Went onto the TalkTalk broadband speed checker at https://myaccount.talktalk.co.uk/speed-checker/. Seeing that I have been with TalkTalk (and Tiscali) since 2006, I was surprised to find the (pdf) greeting below. Any ideas what's going on? Thanks. :thumbsup:

Highlighted
I8this
Super Duper Contributor

The TalkTalk speed checker has not worked since they came back online after that major hack a few years ago. Use this one, if it shows an error message when you first try it click on try again. If you scroll down after the test has finished you will see a box to put your phone number in, doing so will report the result to TT.

Internet Speedtest

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile.
Community Team

Hi Flumoxd,

Apologies, if the TalkTalk Speed Checker doesn't work then we recommend running a speed test using speedtest.net. Just to confirm, are you experiencing any issues with the connection?

Thanks

Flumoxd
Chatterbox

Thanks @I8this. Good to know it's not me then. Haha!

@OCE_Michelle. No. No problem at all. Since upgrading a PC to use the 5 GHz wireless band on my Huawei HG633 router found I got 40Mbps down and 10Mbps upon speedof.me. I wanted to see what the "official" numbers were on the TalkTalk speed checker, rather than a third party site.

Just for information, and before posting this, I ran a quick one off test comparing consecutive runs on speedof.me. On the 2.4 GHz band I got 29.15 down / 9.2 up and on the 5 GHz I got 40 down / 9.8 up (all Mbps). Strange that the 2.4 band seems so slow, espaecially when I'm sat in line of sight of the router, which is ca 3 metres away from me. But, hey ho, I'll use the 5 gig band now.

Thanks both and keep up the good work.

Community Team

Hi Flumoxd,

Ok thanks for the update. Just to advise, we have raised the Speed Checker issue to our Products Team.

Thanks

I8this
Super Duper Contributor

Quote:-

Hi Flumoxd,

Ok thanks for the update. Just to advise, we have raised the Speed Checker issue to our Products Team.

Thanks

bee.jpg
ROFL

How many years is it since TT came back online after that major hack? and they are only just raising the Speed Checker issue with the Products Team after being told thousands of times it does not work.

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile.