Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Talktalk Wifi-Hub dropping wifi connection

14 REPLIES 14
StormChaser
Wise Owl

i have the new talktalk wifi-hub which i find great and holding the speed compared to the hg633 i had. but i am now experiencing my laptop dropping the connection. i moved my laptop over to 5GHz and still drops and then connects back or i have to manually connect. does anyone know why this is happening? I hope its not going like the hg633 where it constantly dropped

StormChaser

Community Team

Hi StormChaser,

I'm sorry to hear this. Do any other devices also lose connection or is it only the laptop which is affected?

Thanks

StormChaser
Wise Owl

hello oce michelle.

well my wife's laptop started happening to her then now i am getting it. we both like the new wifi hub we got from talktalk because we can tell when connected you get good speed. its just the disconnecting from the wifi on the 2 laptops. i have even reset the wifi's in the laptops to see if that was the cause but it wasnt.

Community Team

Hi StormChaser,

Thanks for letting me know. Have you also tried factory resetting the router and then retesting this?

Thanks

StormChaser
Wise Owl

yes tried that as well. forgot to mention this. wired desktop pc works fine.

Community Team

Hi StormChaser,

Ok thanks for letting me know. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule out any issues with the current router?

Thanks

StormChaser
Wise Owl

hello OCE Michelle

yes would you be able to send a new WIFI-Hub out for testing to see if this corrects the wifi drops. currently if i am going to a site as well and it doesnt respond then when i reload the page the pages are dropped as well in all browsers. i then look and see my wifi is dropped from the router.

StormChaser

Community Team

Hi StormChaser

The replacement router (WiFi Hub) is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

StormChaser
Wise Owl

thanks OCE Debbie. will let you know. 

Stormchaser

Community Team
StormChaser
Wise Owl

hi oce debbie and michelle

got replacement router last week. things are better no drop outs from wifi. sent the other one back to you. thanks again

Stormchaser

Community Team

Hi

Glad to hear the team have been able to help.

Thanks

Karl. 

GrantRach9638
First Timer

Ho we have recently signed a new contract and where sent the new WiFi hub, can't fault it when we have connection, but seems to drop connection all the time, laptop, phones, iPads etc all the time, heard such great reviews on the new WiFi hub that's why wer signed.

Please help!! 

Community Team

Hi GrantRach9638

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

jamie95
First Timer

This was happening to me until I changed the channels wifi is using. Login to admin console of the router and try changing the 2.4g to channel 11 and the 5g to channel 40 and then restart the router.

Cheers,

Jamie