Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Talktalk engineer not returned to connect the fibre

94 REPLIES 94
Highlighted
Chat Champion

We moved house on 20th March. The Talktalk engineer came on 23rd March to connect our landline and the internet. He said he would have to return to do the fibre but he has not yet returned.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @JDean16 

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

Due to the current Coronavirus situation, the OCEs are very busy and there will be more of a delay to get a TalkTalk response. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk have responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

I'm showing that the initial fibre provide order has been cancelled.  This was put into a delayed state by Openreach however due to the current lockdown situation and the reduction in our staffing levels and increase across all our queues, this was not responded to within the correct time frame an was subsequently cancelled by Openreach.

You can request an upgrade to fibre via My Account and we can follow this through.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Thank you for replying. We do appreciate the problems currently due to the Corona virus situation. However, we have not received any notification that the fibre order had been cancelled. Should we not have been advised of this? According to our account, we are paying for fibre. I put below the relevant part from our account:

Package overview

Faster Fibre

18 months

Contract end date:23 Sep 2021

Highlighted

Hi

I've checked the account and it is showing as as a fibre account, so not sure why the fibre order was cancelled.  I'll ask one of our order management colleagues to take a look at this for you.

Will reply soon.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Thank you for your help.

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Do you have any more news, please?

Highlighted
Chat Champion

It is 11 days since an order management colleague was supposed to look at this. We appreciate the shortage of staff. However, it is almost seven weeks since the engineer told us he would be returning to do the fibre.

Highlighted

Hi JDean16

I'm really sorry for the delay.

I have contacted our Provisioning Team again and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi JDean16

Our Provisioning Team have advised that the fibre order was cancelled by Openreach advising further work was required.

The fibre order would need to be placed again, apologies for this. You should be able to place this order in My Account.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Thank you for your reply.

We had not been advised that the fibre order had been cancelled by Openreach, other than having been told by Karl, a different member of Talk Talk staff (just over two weeks ago) and by yourself.

We are paying for fibre as you can see (pasted below), and as had been seen by Karl (please see previous response by Karl). Therefore, why would the fibre order need to be placed again?

Package overview

Faster Fibre
18 months
Contract end date:23 Sep 2021
Highlighted
Chat Champion

Today I have received an email which may, or may not be relevant to the engineer not having returned to connect the fibre:

Subject: We're sorry you experienced an issue
Thanks for bearing with us

we're really sorry you've had trouble getting in contact with us. Due to the impact of COVID‐19, and our need to prioritise our most vulnerable customers, our wait times are currently longer than usual.
We appreciate your patience, and we’re doing everything in our control to ensure you have all the support and information you need.
Highlighted

Hi JDean16,

I'm sorry about this. Engineer appointments and installations have been pushed back due to the lockdown, this is probably why the order was cancelled. If you place to order again it will give a new installation date, apologies again for any inconvenience 

Chris

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Thank you for replying. How do we place the order? As I have posted before, our account states that we have:

Package overview

Faster Fibre
18 months
Contract end date:23 Sep 2021.

Highlighted

Hi JDean16

Is that what it shows in My Account when you log in?

Would you like me to raise a complaint so this can be discussed with a complaints manager?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Yes, that is what is in My Account and was seen by your colleague Karl when he looked at it.

No, I do not want to make a complaint.

We were with Talk Talk before we moved house, and have been for some time now. After moving house on 20th March, we were connected to the internet again on 23rd March and were told by the visiting engineer that he would have to return to do the fibre that was in our contract. By the way, we do not know the difference between ordinary broadband internet connection and a fibre one; perhaps that is because of being "elderly". If the fibre needs to be re-ordered, for whatever reason, please would you either advise us how to do this or re-order it for us. Thank you in advance for your help.

Highlighted

Hi

To place an order for fibre, you can either do this over the phone with our customer service colleagues or via live chat, or alternatively if you log into My Account online you can choose an upgrade option to fibre there.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Chat Champion

As you will remember, Karl, from when you looked at my account, the Package overview is described as "Faster Fibre" for 18 months with the contract end date 23 Sep 2021.

Therefore, I cannot see any way that I can order it. It was included in the contract when we moved house.

Highlighted

Hi

If you call our Customer services colleagues during weekdays, they can manually do this on your account.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Thank you. They won't attempt to change the contract from the one we signed up for, will they? The account definitely states fibre now. All we want is for the engineer to return, as he said that he would, back on 23rd March. May I refer them to our conversations here, so they are aware of the matter? And what is the number that we should ring, please?