Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Talktalk engineer not returned to connect the fibre

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

You can call 0345 172 0088 and our colleagues will discuss all options with you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Thank you. We don't want any option other than an engineer to come again to "do the fibre", as he had said. We know no difference, as I think I had said, between "ordinary broadband" and "fibre", so it could be interesting to see what the difference is.

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Thank you again. I rang and spoke to a helpful customer services lady who arranged for an engineer to visit us today to relocate the router. Apparently, the fibre will be done after 1st June.

A text message was received yesterday afternoon; the appointment has to be cancelled due to the Corona Virus and I was asked to call after 9am today to reschedule the appointment. Another text message was received this morning: the engineer appointment is in jeopardy due to engineer absence and asked me to call to reschedule. The number given to call was 0800 1444440. I tried that number but it is unavailable.

Should I try the customer services number? Or is there live chat somewhere?

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Another helpful lady at customer services is trying to rearrange the engineer's visit.

Highlighted

Hi JDean16

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Thank you. The lady at customer services said she was making the appointment for the engineer to come between 9am and 12pm on Friday 5th June, although when she tried to make the appointment it kept failing, she said. She said that she would telephone us - on our landline, at my request, because our mobile 'phone is not often switched on - yesterday later in the afternoon to confirm the appointment. Unfortunately, we did not receive a telephone call from her. Every now and then I have put on the mobile 'phone in case a text message has been left; none has, so far. 

Still no confirming call from customer services, as at am 29th May, so we do not know whether or not the engineer will be visiting us on 5th June to relocate the router.

Highlighted

Hi

I'm not showing any open orders for your line. I would advise to give our customer colleagues a call to verify if the order can be placed.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Thank you. The appointment for this Friday is for an engineer to relocate the router. (During the conversation with the previous customer services lady, she had asked how the internet connection was and I replied that it was intermittent.)

Highlighted

Hi

In that case, this would be a brightspark engineer.

I've just checked your account and can see an engineer is booked for 9th June, but looks like the appointment cannot be amended.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Chat Champion

What is a brightspark engineer as opposed to a Talk Talk engineer? 

And why has the router relocation been changed to 9th June?

Or does the 9th June include the fibre being done? (as we were told by the customer services lady that the fibre would be after 1st June).
Isn't it fortunate that this forum exists? otherwise we would have have had our time wasted staying in Friday morning and not known about the 9th June appointment. I shall check our calendar to make sure we are free on 9th June.

Highlighted

Hi

A Brightspark engineer is a TalkTalk engineer.

Fibre installations can only be performed by a BT Openreach engineer, but for any work inside the home, this can be done by the TalkTalk engineer.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Is it correct then that the Talk Talk engineer that visited us on 23rd March and said he would have to return to do the fibre, should not have been able to do the fibre after all?

Fortunately, we do not have any prior appointments on 9th June. What time of day should the Brightspark engineer arrive? We would not wish to be charged for a missed appointment on 5th June should we go out and the engineer arrive after all - how can this be avoided?

We are "elderly" and are beginning to find the whole matter rather tiring. I hope you would agree that not notifying a customer that a date has changed is not good service?

Highlighted
Chat Champion

If the engineer's appointment of 5th of June has been cancelled and been replaced by 9th of June, please would someone advise us of this and of the time of day that we should expect an engineer?

I could ring customer services again to ask if the appointment has been rearranged but, from experience, a call can take at least half an hour.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Chat Champion

We have still not received official notification that 5th of June has been changed to 9th of June.

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Therefore, we are staying in all morning today.

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Still awaited is the courtesy of notification of 9th June replacing 5th June; and how long should we stay at home waiting on Tuesday?

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Please would you tell me what time an engineer is booked for 9th June. Thank you.

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Please would someone help with this matter.

I just looked in my account and found

"You have a BrightSparks engineer visit booked.

The engineer will arrive at the time confirmed on the SMS you received.".

Presumably SMS means text message. I have just checked the mobile and there is no message.

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Debbie had kindly said:

"Thanks for keeping us updated.

Please let us know how you get on."

Not very well. The 5th of June appointment did not happen. My account stated that an engineer's visit is booked and the engineer would arrive at the time confirmed on the SMS. Well, I did not receive an SMS. I have just been engaged in a "live chat" in which someone attempted to make an appointment for 10th June but this was not possible in the end, partially due to an error at his end and partially because of the calendar of the engineers.
I was asked to make contact again.

Highlighted

Hi JDean16

I'm really sorry for the delay.

I've checked and there appears to have been a system issue when booking the engineer visit.

Just to confirm, was this engineer visit for a fault or to complete work on wiring at the property?

Thanks

Debbie