Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Talktalk engineer not returned to connect the fibre

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Thank you.

The appointment is for an engineer to relocate the router. During the conversation with a customer services lady  about a date the fibre would be done (which should have been done over two months ago) and we were told it would be after 1st June, she asked how the internet connection was and I replied that it was intermittent. When I told her where the router had been connected by an engineer on 23rd March, she said she would arrange for an engineer to relocate the router in the house instead of in the garage.

We still await the fibre.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi JDean16

Thanks for your reply.

Is the master socket in the garage?

Thanks

Highlighted
Chat Champion

We (my wife and I) have just been in the garage and we saw that the router is in a master socket and it is plugged in high up. Tomorrow we shall get up a ladder and unplug it, take the router out of the master socket and bring them indoors. Having looked round the house just now we have found four more master sockets in the house so have plenty to choose from.

Highlighted
Philosopher

@JDean16 

You can only have ONE master socket, which is where the incoming line is terminated.

Does the socket in the garage have two outlets, one for phone and one for broadband ?

If it does have two outlets the other sockets maybe wired for phone only, so don't be surprised if the broadband does not work in them.

If the socket in the garage has one outlet and a microfilter, ALL single outlet sockets in the home that have devices connected also need a microfilter.

Martin
Highlighted
Chat Champion

Thank you for your thoughtful input, Martin.

We relocated the router inside the house this morning and all has been well so far with the internet connection.

We await the fibre being connected.

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Just returning to advise that the internet connection has been good and that we await an appointment solely for an engineer to do the fibre.

Highlighted

Hi

Glad to hear things have been more stable. Just to reiterate what Martswain said, you can only have one master socket, this is usually the point where the line enters the property, so the first socket in the chain.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Thank you.

Unfortunately, there have been a few brief disconnections today. We never had this problem before moving house.

At least the router is indoors if any tests need to be made, which is more convenient than when it was in the garage.

Highlighted
Chat Champion

I have just read the following in my account:

"We're working on your fault

You have a BrightSparks engineer visit booked.

The engineer will arrive at the time confirmed on the SMS you received."

This is news to me. I have not received a text message from Talk Talk since 27th May.

Highlighted

Hi JDean16,

I've asked our Order Management team to take a look at this, I'll let you know when I have an update 

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted

Hi JDean16,

Just a quick update to let you know that our Order Management team are looking into this and should be in touch soon

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Thank you. We had a 'phone call from Talk Talk this afternoon; I don't think we were told which department. We await the fibre being connected tomorrow, hopefully.

Highlighted

That's great news. thanks for letting me know

Chris

Highlighted
Chat Champion

You're welcome.

We don't know when or how it will happen. The account still shows that an engineer is due to visit though yesterday's 'phone call advised us that the fibre would be done from their end and we would be contacted again if an engineer decided a visit would be necessary.

I don't think it could have been done yet as in https://www.talktalk.co.uk/help/servicestatus/ is

"Your Line Speed

Est. speed: 35 Mb - 40 Mb
Measured speed today: 17 Mb"

and

"Network Stability

You may have experienced a problem with your connection recently."

Strangely, the account is no longer showing Fibre but 

"Fast Broadband".

We had an email yesterday telling us that our account had been updated and, in the telephone call, were told that we would receive a text message. As we use the mobile 'phone only infrequently, we have put it on to await the text.

Highlighted

Thanks for the information 

Yes I think the account had to be changed back to fast broadband before a new fibre order could be placed

Chris

Highlighted
Chat Champion

How will we know the fibre has been connected?

Highlighted

Hi JDean16,

Our provisioning team should be in touch but if you don't hear anything beforehand can you bump the thread on Monday and we'll check for updates 

Chris

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Thank you.

Highlighted
Chat Champion

We received a new router that we have connected. Now we have to try to remember how to reconnect the wireless printer to the network.

We have not heard from the provisioning team.

Highlighted
Chat Champion

https://www.talktalk.co.uk/help/servicestatus/

Network Stability

You may have experienced a problem with your connection recently.

Your Line Speed

Est. speed: 35 Mb - 40 Mb
Measured speed today: 17 Mb

Your Router

It looks like your router software needs updating.