cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Talktalk engineer not returned to connect the fibre

Whizz Kid

So shall we not worry about the minimum guaranteed speed being reached?

Community Star

The minimum guarantee applies to speed to the router, not wireless throughput which is affected by so many factors outside of TalkTalk's control. 

Whizz Kid
Thank you.
Whizz Kid

Please would a member of Talk Talk staff kindly look at the new bill produced today and, from reading in here and in https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Billing-Your-account-MyTalkTalk/Please-correct-the-Service-Centr... please would you confirm that all the discounts / refunds have been applied now?

I was a little confused at the "This charge includes a Fast Broadband Discount Reversal.".

Thank you for your help again.

First Timer

I have Just read through this whole thread

I am aghast!!
what an absolute sh*tshow!

You are a better man than me @JDean16  I would have told them to do one by now

TalkTalk you should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves

You are a fkin disgrace

How many times did you state 'please accept our apologies'?
Then did absolutely fk all

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi JDean16

The first bill after a package change always is a bit messy as we charge in advance, so when fibre eventually went live you are credited with the amount already paid for boosts in this instance the calls boost which was half price, (but is now free). 

Your next bill will reflect the correct price of £21.95

Regards

Whizz Kid

Thank you, Arne, for your help again.
I don't wish to be pedantic but could you kindly check, please, that there are no more refunds due to us? I had a feeling that there might have been another one for something like £6? - or/ and another missed appointment? - or when we were paying more for the (unsolicited) fast broadband than we would have been for the fibre?

Hi JDean16

I will look into this for you and get back to you. 

Regards

Whizz Kid
Thank you, Arne, for checking this, and other members of Talk Talk staff, and forum members, for your help, too.

All being well, this should be the last post on this matter!
Whizz Kid

Just going through emails and doing some "tidying up", I came across an email in June:

"we can see that you have had trouble getting in contact with us, and that you have visited our online community for help while our support team had to prioritise our most vulnerable customers due to the impact of COVID-19.
We appreciate your patience, and we’re keen to ensure you have all the support and information you need. If you require any further assistance, our team is now more available via our online chat channel and should be able to help if you need it.
Thanks again for your patience, we’d like to offer you a £10 Amazon Gift Card, on us. "

Some thoughts about that email:
we thought that we were vulnerable customers:
we do not generally shop through Amazon so did not take advantage of the £10 Gift Card. Should we have been offered a £10 discount from a monthly bill if we did not take advantage of the Gift Card? Did other people have £10 discount instead of a Gift Card?

Whizz Kid
The good news is that our next bill does reflect the correct price of £21.95.
Community Star

@JDean16, have you formally registered as vulnerable through My Account?

During lockdown earlier in the year many people used the term to describe their situation, but you need to be registered formally for this, so that all the TT administration areas are aware etc.

It's mentioned on this page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Gliwmaeden2
Whizz Kid
Thank you. I think we did look in My Account but could not see anything applicable to us.
We hadn't known before the pandemic that we were vulnerable people, but so we became because of our age.
Whizz Kid

I am puzzled because I have looked again in My Account but still cannot see anywhere where one could be formally registered as vulnerable. According to the government and health departments we are vulnerable.

Community Star

You need to specifically register this with telecoms companies. 

Maybe create a fresh post on the My Account and Billing board and an OCE will advise you about this?

I think the government list only applied to things like prioritising online deliveries from supermarkets etc.

Gliwmaeden2
Whizz Kid
Thank you.
We are prioritised for such things like 'flu vaccinations, too, and considered in the vulnerable category concerning Covid-19.
Community Star

@JDean16, yes. Not all infrastructure is using the lists.

Gliwmaeden2