Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Team Viewer blocked

11 REPLIES 11
Dave292
First Timer

Good Evening, Since mid December my Home PC (Connected to TalkTalk Home Fibre) Has not been able to connect to Team Viewer, Upon coming home from a chrsitmas break I find the Laptop which whilst away was connected to Virgin Media, No longer signed in or connected, I then searched the forum to find many reports of TalkTalk blockin this service owing scams.  

Could I please be exempt from this block please as it is important I have a connection to my home computer whilst I am away so I can assist my parents remotely when I am away from home in the future. 

Many thanks.

Regards, Dave.
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Dave

TalkTalk took immediate action in the pre-Christmas period to prevent customers being scammed. It was a necessary, permitted and justifiable action. TalkTalk also put into place no blocking for regular users and for restoring access to non-regular users on request. Such as now, for example.

Ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and save changes. The Community support OCE's (TalkTalk team) will then be able to link this topic to your TalkTalk service account and provide access to TeamViewer for you.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Dave292
First Timer

Hi Gondola thanks, account phone number is in profile for the Community team to track, As I agree that it may be nessosary, it should have been communicated via Email as an urgent bullitain, and was not helpfull for myself who needed to connect during the christmas Period. 

Had an email been treansmitted to customers and a link to opt-out of it (Tought my dad to never deal with anyone over the phone claiming to be TalkTalk) it would have been a lot easier and time saving for me spending time wondering why A: couldn't log in to Team viewer and B: why I could not acess the Team Viewer Website. 

An inconvininace and hope in the future TalkTalk and Team Viewer can work together and avoid future Blockades. 

Kind Regards,

Dave. 

Regards, Dave.
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Dave

My understanding is that TalkTalk and TeamViewer do actively co-operate in the fight against scammers.

TeamViewer have provided enhanced security features now to lock down TeamViewer so it cannot so easily be used by scammers when the software is already installed on a computer. In addition there's two-factor authentication available with the TeamViewer website again to ensure end users are afforded greater security.

And a good point about a TalkTalk link to opt-out which will be included in the MyAccount area any time now... it just wasn't ready to go pre-Christmas when the remote-access scams ramped up.

The blocking message gives clear instructions regarding making a request with LiveChat agents and this is targeted specifically to anyone that finds the TeamViewer site blocked - somewhat more targeted than an email to 4 million customers most of whom wouldn't be needing TeamViewer.

Sorry that the LiveChat agents aren't available after 10pm but you can try them tomorrow after 8am or hang on for an OCE.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi Dave292

Can you try now and see if Teamviewer works for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Dave292
First Timer

Hi Karl, 

Thank you, it is now connecting. 

Much appreciated. 

Many Thanks,

Dave.

Regards, Dave.
Community Team
51KinCommunity
First Timer

I'm having the same issue and "Balungile" on chat is being useless. It's been 30 minutes and she/he still doesn't understand the request.

I tried to call at the same time and spoke to someone called "Ifundo" and she also couldn't understand basic English and resolve the issue. Having given her my mobile number she kept asking me for it again...Weird.

Surely they could spot how frequently the issue comes up in the community and have a quick solution to it.

What a waste of time.

P. (Blah)
51KinCommunity
First Timer

Finally spoke to someone at the TT call centre in Durban and she told me to go into the My Account area then "Kid Safe" area and to type the Teamviewer website details in there and click ALLOW. Makes sense to me.

This resolved the problem.

Why TT would bury grown-up whitelist functionality in something called "Kid Safe" is beyond me.

P.

P. (Blah)
adam_robbo
First Timer

Hi Karl,

Myself and my grandad are also having these same issues. I have been trying to assist him with teamviewer on a personal basis, We are unable to connect to teamviewer as talk talk are blocking it. I have removed kids safe and scam protection from our account, but still unable to connect to talktalk. Can you help.?

TurkishActor
First Timer

Hi Kart,

I have just started using fiber today with talktalk and i have the same problem actually i cannot access to teamviewer program and the website can you help me regardin on that please

Thanks

Kind Regards

Community Team

Hi

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl