would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Technical Support ignoring me

8 REPLIES 8
ollie1234
First Timer

Hi,

Please could one of the moderators help me? I signed up for TalkTalk fibre in February and received the WiFi Hub. It has never worked - it is failing to connect. I think this is because the phone line is dead - I have a socket but have never used a landline. TalkTalk seem to think the phone line is fine. I've tested the socket with a corded phone and it doesn't work. (A friend who has talktalk fibre has also confirmed that everything is setup correctly). I have spent literally hours on the online chat (via 4g) with technical support but they just re-start the tests each time, say they can't find a problem and won't send an engineer. I have asked for someone to email or phone me on my mobile but no-one has. This is really my last plea for help before I cancel my direct debit, request a full refund and complain to Ofcom.

Many thanks,

Oliver

KeithFrench
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi ollie1234

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

ollie1234
First Timer

I don't have a landline number. I've added my mobile to my profile, can you find my account from that please?

Community Team

Hi ollie1234,

Can you add your account number or your address to the private notes section of your community profile we'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Chris

ollie1234
First Timer
Done. Thank you.
Community Team

OK thanks,

So just to confirm, when you test your telephone line there is no dial tone? The line appears to be dead?

Chris

martswain
Philosopher

@ollie1234 

Of course you have a number allocated to your line !

It's available in your online account pages. it's right next to your account number on the page you get after logging in.

Martin
Community Team

Hi ollie1234,

How are you getting on? Just to confirm, do you have a dial tone?

Thanks