cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

The router lights: Green Broadband light, Red internet light. Need help ASAP!

17 REPLIES 17
MonikaMatusiak
Popular Poster

Hello,

Since last Wednesday I haven't got the Internet connection what is really frustrated. I contacted with TalkTalk almost everyday in order to fix the problem (the Internet light on the router is red). My patience is almost finished. Yesterday, I spoke with someone who promised that engineers will take care of this issue. It was created a reference number (REP-4537463) for this escalation case to your Manager and Network Team and my case was escalated to the highest level. Today I have received sms message from TalkTalk 'We believe that your service issue has now been resolved and everything should be running as you'd expect. ..."

Unfortunately, when I came back home the Internet light is still red and I cannot load any webside. I restarted router after 30 min and it doesn't help.

If the internet light is red on the router it means that the virtual path is down. This can be caused generally by:
- Authentication issues
-Network issues
-IP filter issues
-An unusual line fault that does not affect basic connection
-Router configuration issue or faulty router

Today, during the LiveChat I logged a complaint. The reference number - 1-000005-787100-0. I was asked to do once again 'test' but it does't help completely! I only loose my time and money!

My router:

- Huawei HG633

- I had a chance to test with a different router - but it was the same problem (red light)

Please, can someone help me? I need the internet to work.

DamianP
hosay299
Insightful One

A bite of info of Forum:
The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:- Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Hope that help Joe R If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Community Team

Hi MonikaMatusiak

I can see the router has an IP address assigned this morning and can also see an authentication log.  I've tested the network ID for your circuit against our radius platform and this is passing and showing clear.

Can you confirm if you still have the red light issue this morning.

Thanks

Karl. 

MonikaMatusiak
Popular Poster

Hello,

Yes. The light is still red.

DamianP
Community Team

Hi

Thanks for confirming.

I've passed this across to networks requesting a radius rebuild on your circuit.  This will check the radius (Authentication) details for the line is correct and matches up with the database.

Thanks

Karl. 

MonikaMatusiak
Popular Poster

Please, can you let me know jow long will it take?

I haven't the internet accress since last week.

Sorry I rush you but already twice I was asked to wait 72h and after this time I still have problem with the red light.

DamianP
Community Team

Hi

Networks should respond to me in the next few hours.

Thanks

Karl. 

MonikaMatusiak
Popular Poster

Hi Karl,

Do you have any update for me?

I am afraid that today will be next day without the access to the Internet.
It's incredible how long TalkTalk tries to solve this problem.

Can you do something to rush it?
It's not one day, it's not dwo days...it's over week.

It's really annoying.

Best Regards,

MonikaMatusiak

DamianP
Community Team

Hi

Networks have fully checked radius and are advising they can see no issues with this.  They have manually tried the authentication details at the port and these are going through ok.

What model router do you have connected ?

Do you have different devices connected to the router wired / wireless and have you tried access form different devices ?

Thanks

Karl. 

MonikaMatusiak
Popular Poster

Hello Karl,

If you read my first message carefully you would see that my router is Huawei HG633.

I've tried connected two mobile phones and two laptops. All devices can easily connect to teh wifi but still I have information 'no internet connection'. I don't have this problem when I try to connect my phones or laptops at work or even in a cafe. Why the light is red?

Yesterday, I spoke with TalkTalk manager who promise to send a new router (but I don't think so that it can solve the problem).

I have a agreement with TalkTalk since November 2017 and never had problems before. Week ago before I left my flat the Internet was fine, but when I came back I saw red light on the router. I don't want to pay for engineer visit because it's definitely not my fault because I didn't touch the router whole year. Now, when I have problems nobody can't help me what is really frustrited! I pay £25 regurally and I wonder for what? For a service which doesn't work!

How long I have to wait? Till April? When my agreement will be finished?!

It's ridiculous...

I'm really unhappy.

DamianP
Community Team

Hi

A new router is on the way to you, we can confirm if this has failed then progress back to networks.

Thanks

Karl. 

MonikaMatusiak
Popular Poster

Hello Karl,

I would like to update current situation.

The new router came on Monday 10th December.

As I suspect, it wasn't t router's fault because the light is still red.

What is funny I had to call once again to the Call Center and wait for a visit of TalkTalk Engineer till Wednesday 12th December. He checked everything and said that it is TalkTalk fault because our devices and socket is fine. Someone form the Call Center called me to say that I have to wait AGAIN 72h because your Engineers care about this issue. I waited 5 days and NOBODY care about my problem. So I've called again today and I heard that this time it is BT Openreach fault and I am not only one person in Aberdeen without the Internet! Seriously?!

Now I have to wait till 21st December because maybe BT Openreach Engineers fix the problem...what is weird someone form your TalkTalk team said that BT Operators checked my line at the beginning of December and they didn't find a problem.

It will be Friday and I pretty sure that the problem won't be sorted. Of course, before Christmas nobody will be able to help me. Am I correct?

I don't have the Internet access since 20 days. It's an absurd situation.

I have 2 questions:

1) Why is my phone working if BT has a problem with the line?

2) Can I contact with BT and confirm that the problem is caused by them?

I would like to receive form TalkTalk an unlimited mobile Internet as soon as possibe, of course free of charge till the problem won't be sorted.

BR,
Damian

DamianP
Community Team

Hi Damian

Apologies for this.

This fault is showing linked to a cable break at the exchange. BT Openreach are working to resolve this fault with an estimated resolution date of 20/12.

This may just be affecting your BB connection as BT Openreach are currently working to fix the cable break. We can provide updates from BT Openreach once we receive them.

Thanks

Debbie

MonikaMatusiak
Popular Poster

Hello,

TalkTalk a slippery company.

My update:
20/12 - no contact from TalkTalk side about the fault.
21/12 - I've spent over 1h on the phone to hear that I have to wait for the update till 23rd Dec.
23-28/12 - no contact/update from TalkTalk side about the fault.

Today is exactly 1 month without the Internet connection!!!
But of course TalkTalk took my money by DirectDebit...

If I would know that it will take so long I would cancel a contract month ago.

I think that will be better to cancel a contract as soon as possible because TalkTalk is not able to provide the Internet any longer.

Why your staff promise that my issue is priority and someone will get in contact with me when you receive update from BT?!
What never happened...

Sorry but everything that comes out of staff mouth sounds like a load of bull.

Damian

DamianP
Community Team

Hi MonikaMatusiak,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've requested an update from our Network Team now and I'll let you know as soon as I receive an update back.

Thanks

Community Team

Hi,

I've received an update to advise that an engineer is looking at the fault this morning. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

MonikaMatusiak
Popular Poster

Hello,

The BT Openreach engineer was in my flat yesterday.

He change the socket, double checked if the lines are not crossed with my neighbor.
The home phone works correctly as before but still the Internet light is red.
Summary: the problem lies on TalkTalk side.

I called yesterday to TalkTalk and what I heard?!

I HAVE TO WAIT 72H !!! ANOTHER 3 DAYS!!!
ARE YOU SERIOUSLY TALKTALK??

I haven't got the Internet since 28th NOVEMBER!
What is wrong with you?!

Check your software, BB server, create a new account for my - WHATEVER!

What is the quickest way to cancel the contract through TalkTalk's fault and demanding compensation?

DamianP
Community Team

Hi

I've passed this back to networks to take a look at the radius details for your line.

This will be picked up by them in the morning.

Thanks

Karl.