These Numbers seem off

11 REPLIES 11
KieranKelly01
Participant

Screenshot_20190529-071054_Chrome.jpg

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @KieranKelly01 

They look ok to me. Implies you've about 340metres of copper cable line to the fibre street cabinet.

What's wrong with the figures? (Apart from the 0dB attenuation shown in the upstream box)

The screenshot is telling me that you're using the Wi-Fi Hub on a TalkTalk Faster Fibre with Speed Boost product and that it's the Openreach Fibre to the cabinet 80/20 product. The service is capped at 80Mbps by the DSLAM in the street cabinet that's approximately 340 metres worth of copper cabling distance from your Wi-Fi Hub. The DSLAM is indicating that the line will run a bit faster at 81.5Mbps and the speed capping is why the Noise Margin is a bit higher than the target 6dB figure.

Is there something wrong with the performance that's not being revealed by the router statistics?

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

KieranKelly01
Participant

Ye, thanks for replying it was just that 0,0 dB  that looked off, no the speeds are really good around 68Mbps Down on Wireless and 19 Up. The ping is low as well , the only problem I have is that there's been 2 disconnections since Friday , one was firmware update but the other one , was something weird but I think a pinhole reset has fixed it , I moved from BT plus same speed as this talk talk package for about 20 quid cheaper I just hope the connection is reliable and won't go off every night , as well I can't change the lease time on the devices , which is disapointing.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Kieran

The 0dB is just a minor reporting bug that's on the fix roadmap for future firmwares. Enhancements to the features will also be included in future firmwares. 

After the first few days the Openreach dynamic line management will have taken over and if there are any disconnects needed to optimise the DSLAM line profile that'll happen in the early hours of the morning. 

But from the stats you've shown it's a great connection and at a saving of £240 for the year a nice smile eh!

KieranKelly01
Participant

Screenshot_20190608-035253_Chrome.jpg

Gondola
Community Star

Hi KieranKelly01 

A single disconnect and reconnect at 3.30am would be the Openreach Dynamic Line Management (DLM) changing the static profile of the line.  DLM will set a new line profile in response to the collected reports for the line indicating a profile change is needed, usually to improve stability and reduce errors.

What I suggest is you run a Service Status Check. See if that indicates a history of errors or disconnections.

I'll also alert the TalkTalk team to carry out a check from their end for you and to look at the Openreach logs. They'll pick up from Monday onwards.

KieranKelly01
Participant
Thanks.
Community Team

Hi KieranKelly01

Please can you add your TalkTalk telephone number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

KieranKelly01
Participant

obscured for customer security

Community Team

Hi KieranKelly01

Please can you add your TalkTalk telephone number to your Community Profile (please do not post this information on the thread)

Thanks

Debbie

KieranKelly01
Participant

Ok I've done that , sorry I didn't think

Community Team

Hi KieranKelly01

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've checked the connection stats and your line is in sync at 79.9mb and the connection appears to have remained stable since 09/06.

How has the connection been since your last post?

Thanks

Debbie