Highlighted
Popular Poster

Screenshot_20200304_205929_com.android.chrome.jpg

IMG_20200304_205603.jpg

• Screenshot_20200304_205920_com.android.chrome.jpg

IMG_20200304_205543.jpg

IMG_20200304_205453.jpg

 Am told nothing wrong!! 

Our Internet connection has been dropping for the last 4 evenings to the point its non existant. Keep getting told there's nothing wrong but 8 have photos of checks we perform on an hourly basis that prove otherwise. Been with TT for years. So fed up. 

Catherine Rees
Love to read. Hopeless romantic.
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Cuddlepig123 welcome to the community your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during the day in the meantime please check your community profile and add your landline phone number which is used to identify your account. Those stats do look naff! 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Cuddlepig123,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Put my contact info in profile. Same readings last night as the last couple of nights. Goes non existant after 7pm. They run a test last night via the customer service Web chat, yet they said again nothing wrong. My Internet says different. Again taken photo
Catherine Rees
Highlighted
Popular Poster
Updated profile as requested. My mobile number is the preferred method of contact
Catherine Rees
Highlighted

Hi Cuddlepig123,

Thank you. I'm just looking into this with our Network Team and I'll post back once I know more.

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Thanks, you should know that it happened again last night around the same time.
Catherine Rees
Highlighted

Hi Cuddlepig123,

Thanks for confirming and I'll let you know as soon as I hear back.

Thanks 🙂

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Sending you more photos so they can see its continuing. I have done these tests while on a wired connection. The last photo is a reading I just took. Will upload the reading this evening so they can see the massive drop. Our wireless connection is much less. 

Thanks. 

IMG_20200306_123033.jpg

IMG_20200306_123043.jpg

IMG_20200306_123011.jpg

Catherine Rees
Highlighted

Hi Cuddlepig123,

Thank you for the additional info. They have confirmed that they are investigating the drops in speed and I'm hoping to hear more by the end of the day.

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Haven't heard anything back. Tried live Web chat last night when Internet reading download less than 2mbps. Changed channel on router for the second time this week. Still the problem persists. Will be a week tomorrow since this has happened and no end in sight. 

IMG_20200307_112427.jpg

IMG_20200307_112441.jpg

 these results show a clear pattern. Something is going wrong around the same time every night. 

Catherine Rees
Highlighted
Philosopher

@Cuddlepig123 hi the best team in on here do not use chat or call staff they just do it via a repeated script each time

@OCE_Michelle will reply when shew back next week just might be the team she is waiting on replied back after the team on here closed yesterday

Just wait a day or 2 for a reply if no reply by late TUES then post with the word "BUMP"

as each time u post it moves u to the back of the que....

Hope that help Regards Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Highlighted

Hi Cuddlepig123,

Sorry for the delay, we haven't got an update at the moment, we'll let you know when we have

Chris

Highlighted

Hi Cuddlepig123,

I'm really sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've now been advised that everything has been checked and they can't see any reason for the slow throughput speeds of an evening. They have advised that during the evening they can see a really high number of errors on the router. Do you have a different router that you can test with to rule this out?

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi Cuddlepig123,

Please disregard my last post, one of our Network Engineer believes that they may have identified the issue and are currently investigating. I'll post back again once I know more.

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi Cuddlepig123,

Just a quick update to let you know that this is still under investigation and no further updates as yet. I'll check this again first thing tomorrow morning.

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thank you for the update. I did speak to advisor on Saturday who told me to wait 48hrs to see if the settings and boost to my router worked. They didn't. Last night I had a 1.3 mbps download. I rang back and another advisor said it had to be my router and was sending another one, even though I reminded him a few times that we already connected up another router over a week ago and it made no difference whatsoever. I really hope the engineer finds something because it's very stressful when we rely on our Internet service to watch TV and for my son's college work that he does after being in work all day. If this other router when it arrives does not make a difference I think I'm going to crack up. 

Regards 

Catherine 

Catherine Rees
Highlighted

Hi Catherine,

No I totally understand and I'm really sorry for this. I'll request an update on this now.

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi Catherine,

I've now received an update from our Network Team, they have asked if you can retest this evening as they have made some changes.

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Michelle, we've got the new router coming this afternoon so we'll be keeping an eye on it this evening anyway. If they made changes to our current router settings then it won't matter if the new router works. It's just very strange that it works great all day, drops to unusable levels for around 3 and a half hours at night, then shoots back up sysin by 11pm. Didn't know a router can do that. I'll let you know in the morning how it goes. Thanks for helping out. 

Catherine Rees