cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Typical download speed

Community Team - TT Staff

Thanks for the information 

You are on an upto 80Mbps profile but BT's line management system (DLM) is still adjusting your profile to give a fast but stable connection with a low error count, so you may still see a speed improvement over the next few days 

Chris

Participant
Oh ok so that’s good news then that there’s still hope of an improvement. I’ll see how it goes. Thank you for your assistance 👍

Hi nicknick39,

Please can you bump your thread (request an update) on Friday and we can re-check the connection stats again to see if DLM has made any changes to the speed.

Thanks

Participant
Hi Michelle

Yes sure I can do that.

Many thanks
Nick
Participant
Hi

I know you told me to wait until tomorrow to get back in touch but i have just read that there are lots of people with the same issue and that it can be fixed by simply removing and reapplying the boost. Is that something you could try?

P.S. my speeds are the same, ive just done a speed test and its 50.9mbps

kind regards
nick
Participant

Bump

Hi Nick

Thanks for your reply. Removing and adding the speed boost would not increase the speed sorry.

I've checked the connection stats and your line is in sync at 60.8mb. Has the router been left switched on without being rebooted?

Debbie

Participant

Hi Debbie 

Talktalk reset it whilst doing more tests yesterday afternoon. They also said they had done something that would possibly improve my speeds but whatever they did obviously hasn’t worked. I have asked  if I could be transferred to superfast fibre broadband “Free Of Charge” which is being advertised at £21.95 (exactly what I am paying for this) but they ignored my request so far so I have escalated it to the concern team. Everything else is perfect including the amazing WiFi but it’s just so frustrating when talktalk promised me before I switched from sky that my speeds would be more a less the same but I am at a loss of around 17mbps.

nick

Hi Nick,

Thanks for for the information. Superfast fibre is Fast fibre with the added speed boost which is what you already have and why the price is the same.

Chris

Participant
Ah ok. I didn’t know that so thank you for that information

No problem, I know the names of the different products can be a bit confusing 

Participant
So one last question. What happens next? Do I just have to accept that this is the maximum speed I’m going to get or is there something else that can be done? They have done tests so I’m not sure what else can be done about it.

Nick

Well the speed is within the predicted range for your line and well above the guaranteed minimum so we can't raise this as a fault to Openreach. However DLM is still making profile adjustments so you may see further speed improvement

Chris

Participant
Ok thank you