would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Ultrafast Gfast fibre available??

3 REPLIES 3
mezjohn
Chatterbox

Hi,

Just looking on the open reach website, and searching my postcode it says Ultrafast Fibre Fast is now available in my exchange and my street cabinet number.

However when searching TalkTalk site for the ultrafast speeds, it say not in my area.

Any one know if this GFast can be accessed via TalkTalk.

(ive currently got 68meg speed with TT)

Thanks,

john

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @mezjohn 

G.fast from TalkTalk is not available at every location where Openreach have installed G.fast cabinet equipment. Faster 150 Fibre is the article to look at for the locations where TalkTalk are actively providing G.Fast connections.

Put your postcode into the Faster 150 Fibre availability checker. If you’re eligible, you’ll be able to call to place your order.

Gondola - Community support team

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

mezjohn
Chatterbox

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Yes it was the faster fibre 150 link which told me it is currently not available to me.

I just did not understand why, if the Gfast technology was already installed in my postcode cabinet.

Is it because TT use a different technology for openreach or was it just someone at TT needed up click a button? (if you know what I mean?)

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @mezjohn 

G.fast from TalkTalk is not available at every location where Openreach have installed G.fast cabinet equipment.  It's that simple.  TalkTalk have a generic agreement with Openreach for connection of customers to Ultrafast broadband services but have a specific roll-out plan for the named locations. Locations have been added to the initial launch of G.fast and I'm sure more will follow. 

Gondola - Community support team

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer