I just tried to reach a website I use regularly and it couldn't connect. Windows diagnostics suggested a DNS error, so I cleared my PC cache to no avail.
I then noticed that it wouldn't connect to many other sites e.g. Facebook and ironically, TalkTalk. The problem persisted across different browsers too.
I checked to see if was something other than a problem on my PC and sure enough, I'm getting the same errors on my tablet (and phone when connected to the network), so the problem would appear to be with either my router, or TalkTalk.
I'm only able to type here by using my mobile as a hotspot.
Any idea what's going on? Is it something that I can fix?
I've just noticed that to fully reset the router, the advice is to disconnect from the power for 20 minutes (I'm new to this fibre lark), so I'll see if I have better luck with a proper reset, rather that the 30 second power down I'd previously tried.
I had this around 30 min ago, then it seemed to clear itself. I noted some internet problems around Liverpool and Manchester (not strictly my area) so wondered whether that may have been the problem. The link to this forum didn't work then but obviously does now.
I was in the middle of having diagnostics run when it cleared up. I supposed that it reset the problem.
Thinking about it, I think it took out all secure sites (https). It's hard to check on the phone, while I'm travelling, but I think that all the ones that would still work, were probably http sites
I was an hour into support chat with Kameshrie, in the middle of diagnostics, when the problem cleared up.
It's a massive relief when a problem like this gets quickly fixed.