would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unable to opt-out of Error Replacement Service

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi

Using my new TalkTalk wifi hub, I am unable to opt-out of TalkTalk's Error Replacement Service (having tried about eight times over three weeks) using the link https://www.talktalk.co.uk/optout/.  The link always confirms I have been opted out, but when I restart my router the opt-out has not taken effect.

I had the same issue on an older TalkTalk router a couple of years ago, which was eventually fixed by TalkTalk's tech support after lots of calls, but I seem to be hitting the same problem again having moved to a new contract and upgraded router.

Can anyone help out with this? TalkTalk's online and telephone tech support don't seem to be able to fix the problem, and don't seem to know what the Error Replacement Service is, which is worrying.  They have now blamed variously: my work VPN; my old TalkTalk router; and my new TalkTalk router.

Any help much appreciated!

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi henryjsh,

"The link always confirms I have been opted out, but when I restart my router the opt-out has not taken effect."

Does it work until you reboot your router?

Chris

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Hi @OCE_Chris , thanks for responding

It doesn’t, and the webpage once the opt out has been confirmed has instructions that I need to restart my router for the changes to take effect
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi henryjsh,

Thanks for the information

I think that problem may be intermittent (it has been in the past). Could you try it again and let us know if it's still not then we'll look into it further

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi @OCE_Chris 

Quite a delayed reply as I have only just had an opportunity to test this again, however I am still getting the same issues (I have tried several times today with no effect).  Please would you look into this?

Many thanks