Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unable to use Direct Access with Huawei HG633 Router

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
First Timer

Good afternoon,

I work in IT Support for the local Authority and we use DirectAccess.

One of our customers, a local Councillor, is having the same trouble as described in this link:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Direct-access-doesn-t-work/td-p/2368269

He is using the Huawei HG633 Router with firmware version h.1.01

I understand that the resolution is to swap out his router, could you confirm how we would go about doing this please? We've already tried calling in twice and using the live chat.

We've already tried replacing his laptop and have been out to troubleshoot at his home with additional devices, all are having intermittent connection issues.

our Direct Accessserver is working fine as no other users are having this trouble

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Sam,

I'm sorry for the delay. Our HG633 router should work ok with VPN if it has the latest version of firmware (V2.00) Would it be possible for your customer to post on our Community and we can look into this further for them?

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hello I am joining this forum chat. Can you update the firmware. 

Highlighted

Hi,

Can you please add your home phone number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details.

If unsure of your number, simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Please reply when this has been updated.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hello. i have updated the number in my profile

Highlighted

Hi @John Matthissen

Please can you create a new thread, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Can you look into it now please from this thread? 
Have noticed there is another thread for same issue from someone else. 
https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/HG633-VPN-problem/m-p/2452381#M748515

Highlighted
First Timer

John Matthissen is the customer I raised this post for. He has responded, please can you assist him here?

Highlighted

Thanks Sam 🙂

Hi John,

Your have the HG633 with latest firmware version (v2.00t), this router generally works fine with VPN's (it's the DSL-3782 that we sometimes have issues with) 

What happens when you try to connect to the VPN? Do you get an error message?

Has it ever worked?

Chris

Highlighted
Chatterbox

We have now fixed all direct access issues for our users by changing DNS settings on their router to 8.8.8.8 everything works perfectly after this.