Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Understanding Sync Speeds

2 REPLIES 2
Qwertyjerty
Chatterbox

So as the title suggests, I’m wondering if someone can help me understand my speeds a bit better...

Actual Rate [Kbps]Maximum Rate [Kbps]Noise Margin [dB]Attenuation [dB]Power [dBm]

So looking at the above, my actual rate is higher than my max rate, and my noise margin is 5.3. Does this mean that my speed could be higher? Does the fact that my actual is higher than my max mean that my current sync speed could be higher?

My speed estimate is between 15-30mbps so I’m happy with my speed at the min but if it could be higher then I’d take that! Every little helps and all that!

Thanks in advance

martswain
Philosopher

Your line looks to be connected right now at it's full potential.

The connection speeds are at the maximum possible, ignore the VERY small difference in downstream actual/maximum.

Your noise margin is slightly below the normal target of 6 dB which means a little more speed has been squeezed out of the connection.

If you have a stable line, decent throughput speeds and it stays that way, be very thankful that you are well into the top half of the estimate for your line.

Martin
Qwertyjerty
Chatterbox

Hi @martswain 

Cheers for your reply.

My speed has actually gone up a wee bit today and is currently syncing at 25.4mbps. My noise margin is currently on 4.1db too. 

So I’m happy!