Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unexpected Router Delivery

ANSWERED
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi,

Yodel have just delivered a nice new Huawei DG8041W router to me. This is a totally unexpected delivery. I've been a fibre customer for many years and I have an existing HG633 that is working fine and I'm totally happy with.

There is no letter with it indicating why I've received it, but there is a delivery note with an order number on it, but I haven't ordered this !

I'm perfectly happy to keep this new DG8041W as an emergency spare (as long as you are not planning to charge me for it !), but I'm just a bit surprised to have received it totally out of the blue.

Please could an OCE confirm if they are aware of any reason why I would have received this.

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff
Solution

Hi

You can continue to use your existing router, but as you are helping customers, it's always good to have one to refer to if needed.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Community Star

Thanks @OCE_Karl, that's a good point. I'll have to set it up just to have a good look around and familiarise myself with the settings etc. Then it can sit on standby as an emergency backup.

I prefer the HG633 simply because I like having the multiple LED's that tell me exactly what the router is doing, so I'll stick with that as my main router for now.

Thanks for confirming.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

You may find you like it better than the HG633.

I was in the same position but after testing the Huawei Hub for a bit, found it better, especially for wifi.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE