Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unstable and slow fibre broadband.

ANSWERED
9 REPLIES 9
bloke76
Participant

Hi,

My broadband recently has become unstable with keeping a connection and the speed is consistently lower than the minimum guaranteed speed.

It was fine after the initial upgrade but now has become unreliable.

I did have a minor fault with a internal socket which I thought was the cause but that was corrected nearly two weeks ago and the problem is still present.

The router is a Sagecom Fast5364 which is only a few weeks old.

I have removed the faceplate from the master socket and have the router connected directly with a new micro filter.

All the connection resets done within the last ten days have been done by the router and not me.

I have also noticed that if I use the wired house phone I can hear a rapid clicking and hissing sound on the handset and it causes the connection to drop every time.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

At the time of writing this my speeds are DS 32.4, US 1.3 at the router.

Community Team

Hi bloke76

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which has detected a possible fault.

Noise on the line can affect the BB connection so we have to investigate this first. Is the noise still present if you connect a corded handset at the test socket, with the router removed from the line?

Thanks

Debbie

bloke76
Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I can confirm that with the router disconnected and using a corded handset I can still hear clicking and hissing noise on the line.

Thanks

Community Team

Hi bloke76

Thanks for your reply.

I've escalated this fault over to our Network Team for investigation and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi bloke76

This fault has been passed to a BT Openreach line engineer to investigate further and we should receive further updates within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

bloke76
Participant

Hi,

Excellent. Thank you for the quick response and help.

I'll wait for an update.

Thanks

Community Team

Hi bloke76

I've requested an update on this fault from our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi bloke76

BT Openreach have advised that this fault should resolved. Please can you confirm if this fault has been resolved?

Thanks

Debbie

bloke76
Participant

Good Morning,

I've just checked and I can confirm that all seems to be ok again.

I have 40Mb down and 10Mb up plus my phone doesn't kill the connection anymore.

Thanks for the help and speed with resolving this.

Cheers

Community Team
Solution

Hi bloke76

That's great, thanks for keeping us updated.

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie 🙂