would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unstable connection

60 REPLIES 60
russtick1
Conversation Starter

Hi Folks

First off i couldnt log in with my usual account ,I'm not able to change the pasword .Internet is on off yoyo style. Could some one PM me to get my other account back and i can also sort which line is in need of attention .

They said it couldn't be fixed ...dont worry ,when I'm done it will be that bad NO ONE WILL!!!
Community Team

Hi russtick1

Apologies for this.

Please can you send me a Private Message to confirm your Community Username.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi russtick1,

What actually happens when you try to log in with your old username, do you get and error message?

Chris

russtick1
Conversation Starter

Hi Chris 

yes the old pasword had 3 letters the same so it wont now accept it and i have changed my email .well is expired was an old freeserve address.so im stuck.

The broad band connection is on and off too :sadtears:

They said it couldn't be fixed ...dont worry ,when I'm done it will be that bad NO ONE WILL!!!
Community Team

Hi russtick1,

OK, thanks, can you complete your Community Profile and we'll take a look at your dropping connection

Chris

russtick1
Conversation Starter
Filled in
Community Team

OK, thanks,

Line test is picking up potential issue and show reconnections

How many telephone sockets do you have? What other devices do you have connected in addition to your router?

Does your master socket have a Test Socket?

Chris

russtick1
Conversation Starter
Just one socket (master) which has test socket under cover one router no phone ,however I suspect it will be the line ,possible tree damage(usually is) as we live in the sticks
Community Team

Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service such as noise on the line?

Chris

russtick1
Conversation Starter
Yeah a crackly line on wired phone ,however it's not usually plugged in its just the router
Community Team

Could you check if you still hear the crackle with just the telephone connected (router disconnected)

Chris

russtick1
Conversation Starter
Will do when I get back cheers
Community Team
russtick1
Conversation Starter

Tried the wired phone and no crackle at the moment just high pitch hissing 

Community Team

Just to confirm, you could hear the hiss with just the telephone connected (router disconnected) to the test socket?

Chris

russtick1
Conversation Starter

Yes thats right ,its not fully quietening.

Community Team

OK, thanks. I've passed this over to our network team for further investigation. Can you bump the thread tomorrow and we'll check for updates

Thanks
Chris

russtick1
Conversation Starter

Hi Chris 

Back up to the top for an update

Community Team

Hi russtick1, I've sent a chaser to ask for an update for you. I'll post back once I get a reply for you. 

russtick1
Conversation Starter

Hi All

Looks like the router firmware has been changed but the connection is still dropping