would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Unusable broadband, no updates

9 REPLIES 9
danielmichaelsmith
Popular Poster

Hi,

I am having ongoing issues with my broadband. Paying for fibre, getting <1mps. A visit from an openreach engineer fixed it, for about 2 hours. That was over a week ago. I immediately reported that this hadn't worked. However, whenever I contact TalkTalk, they just tell me 'you have a visit booked for 12th July'. I think even an automated system should be able to tell that this is in the past.

I've tried chat (almost every evening), I've tried emailed complaints, I've tried calling. I even tried texting the openreach guy (no response). But I can't any information or update at all. I have no idea if anyone is even looking at my issue.

Shame as I had a reliable service for 10 years+. But I don't seem to have any alternative but to switch providers. I don't have much faith in this as pretty much all of them have a terrible reputation for customer service and they all use the same fibre network anyway so it's maybe pointless, but I don't know what else to try other than moving house...

KeithFrench
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi daniel,

I'm really sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential fault towards the property. Just to confirm, does your master socket have a test socket? Are you also experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone?

Thanks

danielmichaelsmith
Popular Poster

Hi Michelle,

Great to hear from you. I think I should have tried this route (the forum) a lot earlier. I don't have a test socket (I don't think - there is one master socket with one socket for the phone and one for the ADSL cable. The phone line is quite crackly yes - although it has always been a bit like that even when the broadband was working well. But when I used it yesterday it was noticeably crackly actually. I can't remember if I get a dial tone - I'll check when I get in later.

Thanks

Dan

Community Team

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the information 

Do you just have the one telephone socket?

Your guide to master sockets

Thanks
Chris

Highlighted
danielmichaelsmith
Popular Poster

Hi,

Yes, just the one. Phone might be unplugged at the moment btw, I've kind of been trying everything...

danielmichaelsmith
Popular Poster

btw, the master socket was replaced (along with all the cabling from just outside my flat) by a guy from OpenReach last monday (15th)

Community Team

Thanks for the information. Do you still hear the crackle with just the telephone connected (router disconnected)?

Chris

danielmichaelsmith
Popular Poster

Hi Chris,

Not sure, I'll try that later tonight and let you know. 

Dan

Community Team