Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Upgrade to Fibre 65 Order no N79735551

27 REPLIES 27
Sean0207
Team Player

I ordered the Fibre 65 on Saturday and this was confirmed via e-mail. Come Tuesday morning the fibre is up to 38mb download and 19mb upload. When will the download reach 65mb approx?   Sean

Sean W. Slaney
martswain
Philosopher

Unless that was the minimum guaranteed speed specified in your order, it won't be 65.

65 is a MARKETING number.

Fibre 65 download speeds can be anywhere from 41 to 80.

Suggest you check the speed range estimate in your order.

Some customers have found it necessary to turn off their router for more than 30 minutes to kickstart the download speeds.

Try that first.

Martin
Sean0207
Team Player
Your order
Your estimated broadband speeds
Download Speeds

Maximum speed
66.0 Mb

Typical speed range
57.9 Mb to 64.3 Mb

Minimum guaranteed speed
52.1 Mb

Upload Speeds
Maximum speed
18.0 Mb

Typical speed range
16.8 Mb to 18.0 Mb

Minimum speed
14.0 Mb

Sean W. Slaney
Skynet_TX
Community Star

Hi @Sean0207,

The fact you have got 19mbps upload proves your Fibre 65 service is active. Have you tried switching off your router for over 30 minutes as @martswain suggested, this can often help.

If you have tried that and it did not help then the staff here should be able to pick up this post within a day or two and will be able to help further.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Sean0207
Team Player

Morning,

I switched off my router for an hour yesterday morning. The download rate has increased from 49-51mb (min 52.1) which is just below the minimum that TalkTalk suggest. The average should be 57.9 - 64.3mb, so quite a bit away. Max speed is suggested at 66mb.

Any suggestions? My profile has been filled out.

Sean

Sean W. Slaney
Sean0207
Team Player
Can anyone look into the above request?

Sean
Sean W. Slaney
OCE_Michelle
Community Team - TT Staff

Morning Sean,

I'm really sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault. It can take DLM up to 10 days to fully optimise the connection/speed. Does your master socket have a test socket? If it does then would it be possible to connect the microfilter and router at the test socket for at least 48hrs to see how the speeds compare?

Thanks

Sean0207
Team Player

Hi Michelle,

thanks for the reply. I have no microfilter on my socket so I guess I will have to leave it for another 10 days for optimisation. I will let you know in time whether it has worked.

Sean

Sean W. Slaney
OCE_Debbie

Hi Sean

Would it be possible to post a photo of your master socket on this thread?

Thanks

Debbie

Sean0207
Team Player

Hi Michelle,

I now have waited for 11 days and there is no change in the speed of my upload or download. This has been going on since I changed my contract 3 weeks ago. Any suggestions?

Sean

Sean W. Slaney
OCE_Chris

Hi Sean,

Line test is clear and router is in sync at 55.2Mbps

How many telephone socket do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone socket(s) in addition to your router?

Could you take a look at the following master socket guide and let us know which type of main socket you have - Your guide to main phone sockets

Thanks

Chris

Sean0207
Team Player

Thanks for the reply, Chris.

Internet is running on 50.95mb download and 18.80mb upload.

I could not send a picture of telephone socket as your site does not support j.pegs - just telephone line (black) and internet line coming out of this. It is the same as an NON NTE model.

Sean

Sean W. Slaney
martswain
Philosopher

JPEGS are allowed.

Just upload using the camera icon in the toolbar above the reply text box.

Martin
Sean0207
Team Player

OK got that. Thanks Mart.

Sean W. Slaney
Sean0207
Team Player

Internet is running on 50.95mb download and 18.80mb upload.

As picture shows - just telephone line (black) and internet line coming out of this. It is the same as an NON NTE model. Please advise.

SeanIMG_20210205_145532.jpg

Sean W. Slaney
Sean0207
Team Player

Can anyone help with my request?

Sean

Sean W. Slaney
Sean0207
Team Player

Dear Chris, I have posted a picture of my telephone socket last week and I am struggling to get anyone to take up my problem. Could you please review my thread and come back to me with a solution?

Sean

Sean W. Slaney
Sean0207
Team Player

Dear Debbie,

I posted a photo of the socket over 7 days ago and despite asking for further help on this Forum no one has replied. I have been with this firm since the Tiscali days but I am getting frustrated with the lack of response. I paid for a service which I am not getting.

Sean

Sean W. Slaney
Gliwmaeden2
Community Star

Staff were off sick etc last week,  @Sean0207.

They don't usually work weekends, so it will be early next week before this is picked up again by @OCE_Chris or @OCE_Debbie or their colleagues. 

If you need help more urgently, phone is available today on 03451 720046 and on Chat, if you scroll down for the link on this page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Gliwmaeden2
bigkenny
Problem Solver
Staff were off sick etc last week

WHAT staff were all off sick..................NO TT STAFF ALL LAST WEEK.............................................................................what total rubbish!