Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Upgrade to existing hardware

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Good evening,

I was wondering how you go about getting the hardware router and TalkTalk box upgraded to the latest hardware specs. I have had the same talk talk box for a number of years now and never been impressed with it as the power light makes it difficult to see if it is actually on and a has a terrible response time, not to mention the awful controller.

it would appear there is now no TalkTalk TV app anymore so you are unable to set recordings remotely. Please advise how I can get this exchanged for the latest TalkTalk equipment 

Yours hopefully.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

what model of router and TV box do you currently have ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Hi Karl,

The router being a second hand one provided by an engineer during a tv box fault is a Huawei HG633 H.1.01
And the TV box is a Huawei DN370T .02.04.p

Best regards
Highlighted

Hi

The router is ok and not showing any issues or generating any errors on the line.

I'll get the TV box updates for you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Ok thanks but that still does not answer how long serving customers do not get the a Latest up to date equipment as you would provide a new customer. As I pointed out the router I currently have is not even a new one it happened to be the one the engineer had on his van.
Highlighted
Community Star

Honestly, if it ain't broke ....

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I get that, seems like. Stock answer but got to ask why customers are not treated equal

Highlighted

Hi

routers for existing customers are replaced only if there is an issue with the router itself.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips