Did you mean: 
Need help?

Upgrade to faster fibre speed boost

47 REPLIES 47
Highlighted
Team Player

Hello,

upgraded last week fibre speed boost

dissappointed, yes, upload is faster, but download is constant at 48mbps sometimes less

after lengthy chats with agents, line test etc, still the same, I told them my modem router was warmer than usual and was suggested I buy a new one; £25, more money to spend !!!!

was told this would cure the speed problem, will see when it arrives, I am not holding my breath.

while talking to agent was using laptop via internet and 48mbps was best I got, also have TalkTalk tv which very often loses contact to the internet and I thought the router maybe the problem

i thought that possibly an engineer visit might be wise, but the first agent said I would be charged for this if arranged, not happy

it does now seem to me that TalkTalk are happy for their customers to upgrade, but there is no great customer service backup

thankyou

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Bossblue,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Hello chris

have done this, at least I think so

Highlighted

Thanks for updating your profile 

Line test passed and current sync speed is 52.4Mbps. 

How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone socket(s) in addition to your router?

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Hello Chris,

thanks for reply

i have 1 phone connected to socket upstairs, via filter

1 phone downstairs via filter

nothing else

thankyou

Highlighted
Team Player

Hello Chris,

i forgot to mention I also have TalkTalk tv which is plugged into modem router by Ethernet cable

as said before 1 phone downstairs with filter, 1 upstairs with filter, also WiFi printer

thanks

Highlighted

Hi Bossblue,

Just to confirm, have you received the replacement router?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Hello,

yes, I have received it, have yet to plug in and try

any advice on that please

quite surprised I had to pay for it, I will be very disappointed if problem still persists 

thankyou

Highlighted

Hi Bossblue,

Does your master socket have a Test Socket?

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Hello Chris,

yes, I had a new telephone line installed into the house just before I went to faster fibre, it was done by openreach

thankyou

Highlighted

Have you tried removing the master socket faceplate and connecting your router directly to the test socket?

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

Hello,

i will try this later and get back to you

thankyou

Highlighted
Highlighted
Team Player

Hello Chris,

have done this

50.4 down 15.3 up

thanks

Highlighted

Hi Bossblue,

Thanks for the update. How have you found the performance of the connection so far? It can take between 24-48hrs for DLM to make changes to the speed if the connection remains stable and the errored seconds are low.

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Hello michelle 

i am getting anything between 45mbps download and 10to 12mbps upload

i understood the speed would be around 60mbps

thanks

Highlighted

Hi Bossblue

Your line is in sync at 52.7mb. Are you running a wired speed test?

Is the connection dropping or have you rebooted the router? (I can see re connections on the line)

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hello,

i have done both wired and wireless test, I get the same results

have rebooted router once, it does very often drop out, I do notice this because I have TalkTalk tv and states internet connection is lost

thankyou

Highlighted

Hi Bossblue

Thanks for your reply.

Please can you leave the router connected at the test socket over the weekend, without rebooting the router?

We can then check the connection stats again on Monday to see if there are any further re connections showing. We can also check the sync speed again.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hello Debbie,

yes will leave all weekend connected to test socket

thankyou