Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Upgrade to fibre 65

12 REPLIES 12
wot4y
Chatterbox

hello ,

I have a recently upgraded to Fibre 65 ,now the question is will i receive a new router?

my current router is a D Link DSL-3782 which was made in 2016 and the link rate is 44809 Kbps(only 4000 kbps more than my old package)and only supports 10/100 lan ports and wifi that has a range of about 8-12 meters at best and is some what unreliable  ,used to be able to sit outside with a beer and get a signal on the old one this one not one bar .(this was a replacement unit from talktalk when my original ones wifi packed up ).and it never been very good

i have a very heavy wifi network 30+ .

Three kids with pc's,laptop's,tablets ,phones and games consoles,

smart devices ect,

i was hoping to get a newer wifi Hub Black router with better wifi coverage.

can any one confirm this for me?

ferguson
Community Star

Did you upgrade from Fibre 35, or ADSL?

A switch from ADSL to fibre will usually include a new Hub, a speed upgrade will not. 

The order process usually indicates what will happen. 

wot4y
Chatterbox
think i was on faster fibre .
ferguson
Community Star

OK, well at any stage were you told you would get a new Hub? Your current router should work just fine with Fibre 65. If you are having specific issues please advise and we can try to help with that. It may just be that your wifi settings could do with a bit of tweaking.

wot4y
Chatterbox

not 100% sure on the router ,think it said includes new super router.?

any help on wifi setting would be appreciated though.

ferguson
Community Star

You have a Super Router.

@KeithFrench Can you advise on the wifi side, please?

KeithFrench
Community Star

Hi @wot4y 

First off, what speed is the router displaying, please log into the DSL-3782 & get me a screenshot of the opening page, this will give your DSL statistics. 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

wot4y
Chatterbox
DSL Type:Cable Status:Link Rate:Connection Type:Network Status:Connection Uptime:
VDSL
ConnectedDSL Type: VDSL
Cable Status: Connected
Link Rate: 12450/44648 Kbps
Connection Type: Dynamic IP
Network Status: Connected
Connection Uptime: 0 Day 5 Hour 3 Min 56 Sec
12450/44648 Kbps
Dynamic IP
Connected
0 Day 5 Hour 3 Min 56 Sec

my old package connected at 9000/39000 Kbps.
so in theory 5meg increase ,but in reality only 3 meg faster on speedtest 37meg old speed 40-41 new speed ,
KeithFrench
Community Star

I will pass it to TalkTalk's OCEs to check that the sync speed is correct or too low.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

wot4y
Chatterbox

@KeithFrench  HI Keith this is my current

2.4GHz SETUP does it look ok?  

thanks

SSID Enabled/Disabled:Enabled

Hide SSID:Disabled

WMM:Enabled                   

WI-FI PROTECTED SETUP
Enable :Enabled

Wi-Fi Protected Status : Enabled/Configured
Performance
Signal-Interval :100msec

Range: 20-1000, Standard: 100
DTIM :1

Range: 1-255, Standard: 1
Transmitting Power :100%

Threshold for fragmentation :2346

Standard: 2346
802.11 Mode :
Mixed 11N/G/B
Channel Width :20/40MHz
Extension Channel :Above the control channel
Channel :1
AutoChannel :Enabled

KeithFrench
Community Star

Hi @wot4y 

Definitely change the channel width to be 20MHz only. To investigate the WiFi more requires the use of a free WiFi analyser, but first let's get the sync speed checked out by TalkTalk (I have asked them to do this for you, but I wouldn't expect any progress on this until at least tomorrow).

Then when that is sorted, if you want to get the WiFi as good as possible & want my help to do so, please let me know.

Keith

wot4y
Chatterbox

ok thanks @KeithFrench 
i have changed Channel Width :20/40MHz to 20MHz on 2.4ghz.
and seperated 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz on ssid to try and narrow done issues in the future
just out of interest should 5ghz be set to 20/40/80 MHz?

KeithFrench
Community Star

80Mhz.

Keith