cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Upgraded from fast (slow) fiber to a faster (super slow, sometime inesistent) broadband

11 REPLIES 11
Lucia31
Chatterbox

Good evening, 

i have been a talk talk customer for the past two years.

having a fast broadband that for me was working good enough for what i was doing. Then the kids started using internet for they stuff and complained that iinternet was too slow, so i upgraded to the faster fibre broadband only to discover that is 1000000 times slower of what i had before and very often drops and is completely unusable. I was told that i was suppose to have a speed of 30 or more mbs but when test the line I get 0.40 to 5 mbs when working.

Please help 

Community Team

Hi

I'm showing the fibre is still connecting as ADSL.  I've passed this to networks to log out to openreach.

Thanks

Karl. 

Community Team

Hi

This has been booked out for Tomorrow 24th AM slot (8-1).

Is that appointment time ok ?  Will someone be available ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Lucia31
Chatterbox

Good morning,

It has  been working for about five days and now it is super slow again.

I have reboot it few times for half hour but there is no difference,

starting thinking that upgrade was the wrong decisions to take.

Regards

Lucia31
Chatterbox

Good morning,

It has  been working for about five days and now it is super slow again.

I have reboot it few times for half hour but there is no difference,

starting thinking that upgrade was the wrong decisions to take.

Regards

Community Team

Hi Lucia31,

I'm sorry to hear this. Was the engineer able to find a fault? I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential voice fault.

Just to confirm, are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone?

Thanks

Lucia31
Chatterbox

The phone is not working, completely dead

Community Team

Hi Lucia31,

I'm sorry to hear this and we'll need to raise this first. Is there no dial tone directly at the test/master socket with 2 different phones and with all other equipment removed from the line?

So I can pass this for further investigation please can you update your forum profile to include an alternative contact number that we can add to the fault ticket. To do this go into "my settings" then "personal information" then add the alternative contact number after your phone number.

Please do not post any personal information on the forum.

Thanks

Lucia31
Chatterbox

I have contacted talk talk trough text message and the phone is now working again, but the fiber is still slow, I have been told to wait 48 to 72 hours, so I wait.

I have updated my profile settings btw as request

Regards

Community Team

Hi Lucia31,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that the voice service is now working. I've re-checked the connection stats and I can see that DLM has increased the sync speed since your last post. Have you noticed an improvement in speed?

If the speeds are still low then could you try switching the router off for a full 30 minutes and then retest the speed again. This will just clear the current session.

Thanks

Lucia31
Chatterbox

Dine that again and speed back to be fast again.

Hope this time last longer.

Thanks for your support and good customer service.

Regards

Community Team

Hi Lucia31,

I'm glad to hear this and let us know if you need any assistance 🙂

Thanks