Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Upgraded to fibre, lost boosts

31 REPLIES 31
msgmsg01
Team Player

I have today been upgraded to fibre broadband but my Sky Sports boost has gone from my TalkTalk TV box. All the usual resets and reboots have made no difference. Please help so I can watch the football on Sunday.

Community Team

@msgmsg01

The boost is active,  Do you get an Error code when you go to the channel ?  

msgmsg01
Team Player

I get Subscription channel unavailable IPC6017.

Also getting the message "TV Boosts are not available. Your account does not allow you to have extra TV channels..."

Community Team

Hi msgmsg01

Can I just check if you are able to view On demand such as Iplayer etc?

Please can you also reboot the TV box via button at the back and then perform a software update Menu>Settings>Software Information>Update Software.

Load More TV (TalkTalk/MoreTV button on remote) and check if you can view any on demand boost content?

Thanks

Debbie

msgmsg01
Team Player

Hello,

I have rebooted the TV box and performed a software upgrade. I can access content via iPlayer but I cannot access anything via More TV boosts.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi msgmsg01

Apologies for this.

I've escalated this over to our TV Team for investigation and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi msgmsg01

Please can you retest ensuring you enter the MORE TV player first please?

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

msgmsg01
Team Player

Hi Debbie,

I went to More TV player and was able to see more than previously (no error messages). Went to Sky sports Main Event - no joy. Went back to More TV and into My Stuff. It showed I had the Sky sports Boost so tried channel 402 again and all is well! All Sky Sports channels are back. Thank you for your help, shame it happened in the first place.

msgmsg01
Team Player

I've just run a speed test and my download speed has nosedived; down to 7.5 Mbps.  As I've just upgraded to fibre this is somewhat disappointing.  I understand that the connection speed will be continually "balanced" in the next few days but I'm now back down to pre-fibre speeds.  I'm wondering if the drop in speed is not a consequence of the restoration of my boosts.  I hope not. Please advise.

Community Team

Hi msgmsg01

Thanks for keeping us updated. Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie

msgmsg01
Team Player

Hello again,

Had fibre for nearly a week now and my download speed is still a pretty poor 9.2 Mbps.  My guaranteed minimum was stated to be 20 Mbps and my estimated minimum was 23 Mbps.  This is not what I expected when I signed up for fibre and it is little better that my pre-fibre speeds.  If this is as good as it's going to get then clearly there is no point keeping fibre.  Please can someone take a look at my line and investigate.

Community Team

Hi msgmsg01,

Line test is passing but your sync speed is low - How many telephone sockets do you have? What other devices do you have connected in addition to your router?

Does your master socket have a Test Socket?

Chris

msgmsg01
Team Player

Hi Chris,

I have two telephone sockets - one main, one extension. Only the router is connected to the main socket. A phone is connected to the extension socket.  Master socket does have a test socket.

Community Team

OK thanks, are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service such as noise on the line?

Chris

msgmsg01
Team Player

Hi Chris,

The line quality is not great.  I very rarely use the landline for calls so I'm not sure if that's to be expected or not.  I have had an issue recently where the phone does not always ring in response to an incoming call. I did raise it at the end of December but went on holiday and heard nothing more so I was not sure if it had been resolved or not.  I did have to connect the phone to the test socket but no definite problem was discovered.

Community Team

Could you connect your router to the test socket and leave it there for 48 hours, this will give the line management system (DLM) chance to respond to any improvement in errors and/or stability

Chris

msgmsg01
Team Player

Chris,

The router is now connected to the test socket (via the microfilter).

msgmsg01
Team Player

Chris,

FYI, download speed via the test socket has gone up to 12 Mbps.

Community Team

Hi msgmsg01,

Thanks for confirming this. Would it be possible to keep the router connected to the test socket for another 24hrs to see if DLM continues to increase the sync speed any further?

Thanks

msgmsg01
Team Player

Hi,

My router has been connected to the test socket for nearly 48 hours now.  My download speed is still only around 12 Mbps.  What's the next move?