cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Upgraded to fibre, lost boosts

Community Team

Hi msgmsg01,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've re-run the line test which has now detected a potential fault. Just to confirm, are you experiencing any issues with the voice service at the moment such as noise on the line or no dial tone?

As soon as we've confirmed this then we can pass this over to our Network Team for further investigation.

Thanks

msgmsg01
Team Player

Hi Michelle,

I have a dial tone and there seems to be no extraneous noise on the line. A test call to the landline seemed fine.

Download speed is currently 13 Mbps through the main socket.

Community Team

Hi msgmsg01,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've passed this over to our Network Team for investigation now. If you don't hear back by the end of today then please can you bump your thread and we can re-check for an update for you.

Thanks

msgmsg01
Team Player

Hi,

I'm bumping this thread as requested.

Download speed is currently about 16 Mbps.

Community Team

Hi msgmsg01,

Thanks for bumping your thread. We've received an update to advise that the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit so I'm just sending you a Personal Message to confirm some details.

Please do not post any personal information on the Community, reply via Personal Message (PM) only.

Thanks

Community Team

Hi msgmsg01

Thanks for the Private Message.

I have passed your availability for an engineer visit over to our Network Team and I will post back on this thread to confirm the date and time of this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi msgmsg01

The engineer visit has been arranged for 11/03/2019 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

msgmsg01
Team Player

Hi Debbie,

Unfortunately the time you have arranged for an engineer visit is not convenient.  Next week I will be available:-

Wednesday 13th March all day

Thursday 14th March PM only

Friday 15th March all day

Please can you rearrange the visit within the above times.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi msgmsg01

I've requested that the engineer visit is re arranged and I will post back on this thread to confirm the date and time of this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi msgmsg01

The engineer visit has been arranged for 13/03/2019 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

msgmsg01
Team Player

Hi Debbie,

An Openreach engineer visited yesterday.  He was able to fix the long-running issue in respect of incoming calls not ringing (a problem at the exchange apparently).  He was also able to increase the download speed to 22 Mbps which he reckoned was as good as it could ever be considering the distance from the cabinet. He also changed the main socket to a "Master Socket 5C".

I think this issue can now be closed.

Thank you.

Community Team

Hi msgmsg01

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie