Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Upgrading to fibre

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Visitor

Hi, myself and my partner are working from home and the internet is so slow. So we ran a service check and showed we are using too many video streaming items and suggested we move to fibre. I clicked upgrade and my account is now showing that i am on fibre but our internet is still really slow. 
how long does it take for Fibre to take affect? 
we have turned off all other devices or put them on aeroplane mode to help.

thanks!

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Sanderh welcome to the community your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during the day. Your sync rate will be a good indicator Check your sync speed .

Then try once a 30 minute router reboot, leave the router switched of for 30 minutes.

The team here will also check your line for any faults.

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Sanderh,

Thanks for your post and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which has detected a possible voice fault. Could I just confirm, are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as no dial tone or noise on the line?

Thanks

Highlighted
Visitor

Thank you! I ran the test and its showing as 3.5 mbs and also turned the router off for half an hr but no change. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Sanderh,

Thanks for confirming. Did you see my last message about the voice service?

Thanks

Highlighted
Visitor

Hi, sorry missed that! No we don’t have a landline phone so i can’t test it unfortunately @OCE_Michelle 
anything else i can do? 
ta

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Sanderh,

Line tests are showing a potential telephone fault so I've raised this to BT Openreach as a non-appointed task. We should receive an update within 72 hours so if you don't hear anything beforehand can you bump the thread on Monday and we'll check for updates 

Chris

Highlighted
Visitor

Thank you @OCE_Chris ! 

Highlighted
Visitor

Hi @OCE_Chris just to say the internet light is now showing up red in the router and we can’t get on it at all. 😞 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Sanderh

Apologies for the delay.

This fault is still under investigation with the line engineer, we have no further updates at present.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Visitor

Thanks @OCE_Debbie 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Sanderh

If you post back here tomorrow then I will check this again with Openreach. Apologies again for the delays.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Visitor

Morning @OCE_Debbie still no change this morning. Can barely operate any devices so had to use the 4g on our phones.