Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

VDSL Settings for TalkTalk Fibre with non TT router

18 REPLIES 18
StefanoC
Wizz Kid

An OCE answering would be very much appreciated. 

II'm looking to buy a third party ADSL/VDSL modem router to replace my TT super router. Probably a TP Link Archer VR900. 

For ADSL connections TT publish the necessary settings however for Fibre VDSL I see no such settings. There are many articles and forum posts on the internet with various suggestions on how to set up but I don't see anything definitive. 

Please TT can we we have the necessary settings for VDSL listed like you have done for ADSL connections?

Community Team

Hi StefanoC

For the username - phone number@tt and password, although this should not be needed.  You should not have to set things like vpi / vci, but for fibre, the MTU is usually 1500 although this should be automatic.

When you  select VDSL as the connection type in the router, this should be all automatically set 

What information is the router asking for when trying to set it up?

Thanks

Debbie

StefanoC
Wizz Kid

Hi Debbie

Ive not bought the modem router yet because I wanted to be sure I could get the correct settings. I'm looking at the TP Link Archer VR900 or VR2600. 

Just to be clear, if I select TT as my provider in the setup menu then setup should be automatic but if not username is my telephone number@talktalk.net and the password would be Password?

Thanks. 

Community Team

Hi StefanoC

The settings will be automatic, if the router asks for username details then put in number@tt and password as 123456.  We use network level authentication so the details are not required, just the router expects them.

Thanks

Debbie

charlesb224
Wise Owl

TalkTalk Fibre for Residential customers does not utilise login information.  so no username or password required.  Just setup as IPoE or Dynamic or DHCP or automatic IP

HTH

StefanoC
Wizz Kid

Thanks to both of you for the advice. 

Community Team

Hi Stefano,

Please let us know if you need any further assitance 

Chris

Highlighted
StefanoC
Wizz Kid

Hi Chris

I've not purchased the new modem router yet so haven't tested but thats all the help I need for now thanks.

Stef

PAROMITA
First Timer

Hi ,

I was reading your helpful tips.

I have today switched to TT Fibre from normal broadband.So, the connection is OK with the TT router but the router is weak,

How would I change to a TP LINK AC1600 V1-Router which I already have- as last time, TPLink recognised the ADSL connection automatically .A friend said I need a PPPOE username and password to establish a VDSL link .How do I get this.I can connect to the VDSL net via the TT Router.Please help.Thanks.

StefanoC
Wizz Kid

Hi Paromita

I haven't actually gone ahead and bought a new modem router yet so I'm still using the TalkTalk supplied one. All I can advise you to do is follow the suggestions in this thread. From what people seem to be saying you shouldn't need a username and password for a vdsl connection.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

nrushforth
Chat Champion

Hi

I have the TP-Link AC1600 modem/router V1 as you do. I recently moved to fibre. I did a factory reset on the router and it connected first time after selecting TalkTalk VDSL as the DSL connectoin type in the Quick Setup wizard.

You may already be connected using this router, but if not, I hope this helps.

StefanoC
Wizz Kid

Hi. Thanks for taking the time to post. I never did get around to changing router so I’m still using the one provided by TalkTalk. 

John_studley
First Timer

I am a TT Fibre customer and I have just purchased a Technicolor TG789vav v2 voip router - I am having problems running ADSL under PPP and have had to use DHCP - any suggestions - John

StefanoC
Wizz Kid

Hi John

Sorry, I'm not that technical. Can't help you.

Chalkiejim
Problem Solver

If you are using a fibre connection, you should be using VDSL  and not ADSL.

StefanoC
Wizz Kid

Yes, sorry I missed that. Fibre requires VDSL.

Just installed a TP Link Archer VR2800 modem router and so far very impressed. Installation was easy. Just pick TalkTalk from the provider drop down list and all settings were self installed.

Chalkiejim
Problem Solver

I have the NETGEAR D6400. Had to do the same with that.

-npr-
Team Player

This is how I configured my ZyXel VMG8924-B10A for Talktalk fibre (VDSL)

Main settings

Type: ADSL/VDSL over PTM

Encapsulation: IPoE

NO username or password required

VLAN

802.1p:  0

802.1q:  101

MTU Size:  1500

TTVDSL_Settings.png

dkingpes
First Timer

hi there guys was wondering which are the best settings and instructions to set up talktalk router dlink 3782 with the netduma so i can get the best connection for ps4 pro and pes 2019 peer to peer game.

im using vdsl and dynamic connection

does any one know the how to correctly use bridge mode?

or is there any better viable options to set up

thanks in advanced all responeses are welcome