Did you mean: 
Need help?

VPN AnyConnect connectivity issues

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
peterpeter
Chatterbox

Hello,

After getting a new Windows 10 laptop, I am unable to connect to VPN via Cisco AnyConnect. What steps can I take to fix this? My router version is FAST 5364-3.T8 and the firmware is SG4K10002600t.

Peter

Highlighted
KeithFrench
Community Star

There are no known VPN issues with the WiFi Hub at all. However, I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi peterpeter,

I'm sorry to hear this. You're currently on the latest version of firmware for this router. What happens when you try to connect? Do you receive any  error messages? Does this affect wired and wireless?

Thanks

Highlighted
peterpeter
Chatterbox

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for your message. When I try to connect, I get an "unable to contact VPN" message in Cisco AnyConnect after it times out. It affects both wired and wireless. I'm able to connect successfully to the VPN when connecting using a non-Talktalk public wifi connection in a cafe.

Peter

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Peter,

Thanks for confirming this. As Keith advised, we're not aware of any specific issues with the wifi hub and VPN. Was the previous laptop able to connect to VPN via the wifi hub ok?

Have you tried factory resetting the router and then resetting this up again?

Thanks

Highlighted
peterpeter
Chatterbox

Thanks, Michelle. I was able to connect to the VPN with my old laptop. I just tried a factory reset of my router, but I still have the same issue.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi peterpeter

This router and firmware version should work with VPN.

I can send a replacement router for testing to rule out any possible issues with your current router. Would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
peterpeter
Chatterbox

Thanks Debbie. Is it going to be exactly the same model of router? If you think it's a possible solution, I'd like to try it.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi peterpeter

Yes this would be the same make and model of router, will this be ok?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
peterpeter
Chatterbox

Hi Debbie,

That's fine - let's try a new router in case it helps. Is there anything else I can try before the new router arrives? It feels like the router isn't the issue, I was able to use the VPN on the old laptop successfully until right before I got the new laptop (I don't have the old laptop anymore, otherwise I would try it out).

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi peterpeter

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
peterpeter
Chatterbox

Many thanks Debbie!

Highlighted
Community Team