would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

VPN Issue with DSL-3782

3 REPLIES 3
grayn01
First Timer

Hi,

I have the same issue as many other people who have posted here in that I can't connect to my work VPN through my DSL-3782 router

I just had an extremely frustrating call with TalkTalk tech support where the individual I spoke to didn't know what a VPN was or really the faintest idea what he was talking about

He has ordered me a new router because after about half an hour of jumping through hoops he eventually said that my current router was the latest version.

I'm not sure if that's correct or not - the version I have is v1.08t

He then subsequently said that the router I will be sent will be the same model as my current one. So I don't see how that's going to solve the issue at all

Can someone look into whether my router a) could just be updated with newer firmware to fix the issue or b) I could be sent a router that is going to work?

Many Thanks

Community Team

Hi grayn01,

I've updated the firmware now. Could you please retest and let us know if VPN is now working ok?

Thanks

grayn01
First Timer

Hi Michelle,

Fantastic, that seems to have fixed it!

It's probably too late but by all means cancel the new router the agent I spoke to over the phone last night ordered me as it won't be required 🙂

Many Thanks,

Community Team

Hi grayn01,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for the update. Unfortunately it's too late to cancel this router order, however you should also receive a router returns bag so that the router can be returned.

Thanks