Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

VPN blocked - unable to use youtube

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Chatterbox

hello,

I recently moved in a new flat and I've moved my broadband too, upgrading from basic to faster fibre.

as soon as I connected my router, I noticed I can't access a lot of websites. 

the one I'm having a lot of issues is youtube, which keeps giving me this message

"Video unavailable

This video is restricted. Try signing in with a Google Apps account."

I've never had this issue before, I searched on google and it says it's a VPN issue.

Could you please help me please?

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi musacid,

Can you first of all switch your router off for 30 minutes then switch back on and retest. If you're still experiencing the problem after this please let us know 

Chris

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Hello.
I’ve been trying to restart the router the whole week several times but nothing has changed.
I have no issues on my phone but I can’t watch anything from my laptop.
Highlighted
Problem Solver

Have you checked your homesafe/ safe surf (whatever it's called) settings. I had things blocked by default.

You can check by logging into the TT web site and then selecting My Account - My Services but I can't remember exactly what service it was that was blocking things.

Whatever it was I had "Social Networks" blocked in "Kids Safe" by default and only realised once my son asked why he couldn't access Instagram.

In the same menu there are content filters so I assume if the You Tube vid you are watching is classified with any of the listed content it will be blocked (obviously if active by default).

Fritz

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Thanks @FritzCT for the suggestion
I just checked and the kids mode was already off.
The odd thing about this issue is that I can watch these videos from my phone while connected to the same WiFi but in the laptop I will see that annoying black screen.
I haven’t changed laptop or settings, I had no system updates since I moved in the new place and changed connection.
Everything started as soon as I got the new line.
Weird
Highlighted
Chatterbox
(And btw the videos I’m trying to open are makeup and nail are videos, so nothing weird
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi musacid

Which VPN client are you using?

Thanks

Debbie