Did you mean: 
Need help?

VPN connection & fast 5364 router

ANSWERED
4 REPLIES 4
taff72
Chatterbox

Hi,

1.    I am unable to get my vpn to login. Similar problems that other customers have reported. Are talktalk blocking vpn's? I was able to use it with my previous provider.

2.    My sagecom fast 5364 router keeps changing my 2 devices from 5khz to 2khz.  I need the 2khz enabled to be able to use my printer.

Any help please?

Taff72 

KeithFrench
Community Star

There are no VPN issues with this router. However, some VPN clients do not like the TalkTalk DNS servers. You can reconfigure the hub under Internet Connectivity to use Google whose addresses are:-

Changing the WiFi band that a device is connected to, is down to Band Steering whose purpose is to move any device that supports the 5GHz band, to move it to this due to the better performance this band offers over the 2.4GHz band.

Any device connected to the 5GHz band has full access to devices connected to both the 2.4GHz band plus any Ethernet connected devices. Therefore a device does not need to be connected to the same band as your printer, in order to print to it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

taff72
Chatterbox
Hi Keith,
Thanks for your reply i will give it a try over the week-end
taff72
Chatterbox
Hi Keith,
Not being to computer savy where do i find the settings that i have to change
KeithFrench
Community Star
Solution

Login to the router & go to:-

See internet settings > Manage Advanced Settings > Internet Connectivity

Set the DNS dropdown to Manually Specify DNS

Then you can set the DNS server addresses I gave you in the two fields below.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they?