would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

VPN connection issue with router HG633

33 REPLIES 33
Rajesh2308
Participant

Hi,

I cannot connect to my office VPN. I am using HG633 router with hardware version H.1.01 and software version v2.00t. I did a reset to the router but still it does not work.

Please help

Thanks,

Rajesh

Community Team

Hi Rajesh2308,

I'm sorry to hear this. The HG633 with this version of firmware should work ok with VPN. What happens when you try to connect? Do you receive any error messages? Has this previously worked ok?

Thanks

Rajesh2308
Participant

Hi,

When connecting I get an error message " An SSL Error has occured and a secure connection to the server cannot be made."  This never worked.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Community Team

Hi Rajesh2308,

Thanks for confirming this. What VPN client are you using?

Thanks

Rajesh2308
Participant

Hi,

I am using "Sonicwall Mobile Connect" to connect. I am using port number 4433.

Do you need the vpn link also which I am trying to connect with?

Community Team

Hi Rajesh2308,

I'm not sure why this is not working as the HG633 with v2.00 works fine with VPN. Have you spoken to your IT department to see if they can make any suggestions?

Thanks

Rajesh2308
Participant

Hi,

I spoke to my IT department and I guess the issue might be the router. IT department believe there is no issue at their end as the same vpn works for other employees with talktalk providers. 

How can I get my router replaced?

stuart_smiles1
Super Duper Contributor

check if you have any home safe type product on the service you have, because there are some filters on what "acceptable traffic" looks like, and it could be an issue that the connection won't setup because of it. have a look in the my account bit, as i believe that there is a setting in there for the firewall where you can set/unset it. 

failing that, have a look at the dmz port settings so that there can be bi-directional communications to your machine, or put in an application "firewall", however there doesn't seem to be a proxy for vpn in the supported applications. 

once you login to the router, go to http://192.168.1.1/html/advance.html#network_security and have a look around the options, if need be could put into a word document, but I'd have thought @KeithFrench has a one describing tested vpn setups. 

good luck 

Thanks Stuart
Rajesh2308
Participant

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion, but it didn't help me.

Also I haven't any document regarding my router type on @KeithFrench profile.

Could you please direct me to the document.

KeithFrench
Community Star

There is nothing to change on the HG633, so any changes that you have made, please reverse them.

It is down to two things:-

1. What firmware are you running on the HG633
  2. Does your work use the same IP addressing range as your router (typically 192.168.1.0/24)?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi

As Keith Says, revert any changes before retesting, but if unsure, you can just pin reset of the router - hold a pin or paperclip in the reset hole at the back for 10 seconds and this will fully reset the router. 

Thanks

Karl. 

Rajesh2308
Participant

Hi,

I got a new router DLINK DSL-3782 Super Router to replace HG633. But still same issue. Cannot connect to my office VPN.

Please help

Thanks,

Rajesh

Community Team

Hi Rajesh,

Can you complete your Community Profile and we'll see if your 3782 is running the latest firmware

Chris

Rajesh2308
Participant

Hi Chris,

I have completed my profile. Can you please advise on the firmware.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Community Team

Hi Rajesh2308

I have updated your router firmware, please let us know how the connection compares following this.

Thanks

Debbie

Rajesh2308
Participant

Hi Debbie,

Still unable to connect. I restarted/reset both the routers (HG633 & DSL3782) but unable to connect to my office vpn.

Regards,

Rajesh

Community Team

Hi Rajesh

Apologies for this.

VPN should work ok with the HG633 and with the DSL3782 (with the new firmware) Have you contacted your IT department in regards to this?

Thanks

Debbie

Rajesh2308
Participant

Hi Debbie,

I spoke to my IT department and they believe no issues at their end. My other colleague staying  in Stratford using Talk Talk and it works fine (HG633 router).

Is this VPN issue specific to any area? I need help to fix it as I cannot work from home.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Community Team

Hi Rajesh2308,

I'm sorry for the delay. Could I just confirm, does this affect both wired and wireless?

Thanks

Rajesh2308
Participant

Hi,

Yes, issue with both wired and wireless. Please help in getting it fixed.  I have been struggling from long with this issue.

Thanks,

Rajesh