cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

VPN connection issue with router HG633

Community Team

Hi Rajesh,

Are you able to test with a different device (laptop)? You've said your colleague is also with TalkTalk, do they also have a TalkTalk fibre connection?

Chris

Rajesh2308
Participant

Hi Chris,

Yes, I tried with different laptop but same issue. Cannot connect.

Yes, my colleague has talk talk fibre connection.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Community Team

Hi Rajesh2308,

To be honest I'm not sure why VPN is not working as this has been tested on both the HG633 (V2.00) and the 3782 (v1.10) and these should both work fine. @KeithFrench - Would you be able to offer any more advice?

Thanks

KeithFrench
Community Star

Hi @OCE_Michelle 

I have posted on this one before, I think one of my suggestions was overlooked. Does the customer's IT dept allocate an IP address that would conflict with the 192.168.1.0/24 network?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Rajesh2308
Participant

Hi,

I spoke to my IT team and they say there is no such issue.

Need help to resolve it please.

Thanks, 

Rajesh

KeithFrench
Community Star

Then I will pass it back to the OCEs.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi Rajesh2308,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the connection stats look ok. I've re-checked the firmware and the router does have the latest version which should resolve the VPN issue.

We have tested both firmware for the 3782 and the HG633 and VPN did work fine with both routers. I'm not sure what else we can advise in regards to this. 

Thanks

Rajesh2308
Participant

Hi,

I am trying to connect https://vpn.matchesremote.com:4433 and unable to connect. The error message I get is “This site can’t be reached”. I do not know about the problem. If this does not get resolved then I might have to shift to another service provider.

Regards,

Rajesh

Community Team

Hi Rajesh2308,

Unfortunately there is nothing further we can advise as it should work fine on both the HG633 and the 3782 router with the new firmware so I'm not sure what else to suggest for this. Have you spoken directly with the VPN vendor to see if they can troubleshoot this any further?

Thanks

Rajesh2308
Participant

Hi,

Yes I spoke to VPN vendor and they say there is new issue at their end. Infact my colleague (having  talk talk connection similar to mine) tested my HG633 router at his place (somewhere in Stratford) and it works fine for him. So I believe there is definitely some issue with my line. 

Thanks,

Rajesh

Community Team

Hi Rajesh

Have you tested with 2 different HG633 routers on your own line?

Thanks

Debbie

Rajesh2308
Participant

Hi,

No, can I get another HG633?

Thanks,

Rajesh

Community Team

Hi Rajesh

Please can you send me a Private Message to confirm the name on the account, I can then send another HG633 router for testing.

Thanks

Debbie

stuart_smiles1
Super Duper Contributor

check the port numbers in the port forwarding config - there are only certain port numbers that it allows you to select, once i'm home will check on mine for you, although it's a different software version, it may give clues into how to solve the problem. 

problem being, from memory, you could only select well known port numbers, and as a result that one isn't going to be on the list. 

Thanks Stuart