would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

VPN connection problems with D-Link 3782 router

13 REPLIES 13
CapCluke
Chatterbox

Hi there,

I am a new TalkTalk customer and I am having VPN connection problems with the D-Link 3782. This would be extremely bad for me, I need it for working from home. I see older posts from people with similar problems, will I require a replacement router also? I did try changing the DNS of the router, but it didn't help.

Thanks!

KeithFrench
Community Star

The current firmware is the issue here with the 3782 and in most cases replacing it with a VPN capable router is the way forward. I will ask one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and deal with it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TT will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

CapCluke
Chatterbox
Thanks for the quick reply Keith. It's a pity, it seems like a good router otherwise, but the VPN capability is the most important thing!
Community Team

Hi CapCluke

Apologies for this.

I can send a replacement router - HG633, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

CapCluke
Chatterbox

Hi Debbie,

Yes, please do that!

Thanks.

Community Team

Hi CapCluke

The HG633 router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

CapCluke
Chatterbox

Hi Debbie,

I can confirm the new (old?) router allows me to use VPNs with no problems. Thanks for getting this sorted out so quickly!

Community Team

Hi CapCluke,

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Thanks

Lesley2262
First Timer

Hi

Hope I am posting in the correct way as totally new to this!!

I too have a D Link DSL3782 router.  Recently started a new job and need to work from home.  IT support is only via phone and I  really struggle with tech stuff.  Issue I am having is that when I log onto work vpn from home my home connection gets thrown out. As soon as I disconnect from work server, back comes my home connection.

Have read other threads and people talking about the same issue and have been issued a Huawei router from Talk Talk.

Please help as finding really stressful.

Many thanks in advance.

Community Team

Hi

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

jcrgibson
First Timer

Hi, I have recently changed job and need to access my work VPN. I have the DSL-3782 router and reading here seems that this is the problem. Can you let me know what I need to do to try to resolve the problem so that I can get access to my VPN?

Thanks so much if you can help.

James

James Gibson
Community Team

Hi @jcrgibson 

Apologies for this.

Please can you create a new thread on the Community, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

Arkitreta
Chatterbox

Hello.

I have the same problem, I need to be able to use the VPN connection with my router.

Can you please send me a new router as well?

Kind regards.

Diana

Community Team

Hi @Arkitreta 

Please can you create a new thread, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie