Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Very Poor Faster Fibre Speeds

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

After changing to faster fibre back in November we have consistently had problems. A talk talk engineer visited to check our set up and confirmed all was ok so organised an engineers visit from Open Reach. He found problems with the outside telephone line and whatever he did the speed improved to match what we are paying for. Over the last week the speed has dropped and the router has been dropping out on occasions - after the open reach visit we were getting on average a download speed of approx 14 Mpbs, however for the past 7 days we are only averaging a speed of 3.5 Mpbs. I am fed up with phoning your support as they always want to just talk through a script that we have talked through many times. All we want is a faster fibre speed that we are paying for. Please help

Highlighted
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Mervyn65

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which has detected a possible fault.

I have escalated this fault over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer and we should receive further updates within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Dear Debbie

I presume that the issue we have is still not resolved as today it has been difficult to actually get an Internet connection. Just logging on to this site and replying to you has been nearly impossible and do frustrating. Can you please update me by txt on the mobile no I have on my account settings. 

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Dear Debbie

As well as the poor speed issue our telephone line is now also a problem with a crackling on both incoming and outgoing calls. This makes using the phone virtually impossible as you cannot hear any conversation. I presume this us all connected to the faster fibre issue. Please can you update where we are with open reach and what if anything they have done to date. Without a phone and Internet it really is becoming an issue. Please use txt to reply

Hi Mervyn65,

I'm sorry about this, I've asked our network team to take a look at this as there appears to have been an issue with the Openreach escalation. I'll let you know when I receive an update 

Thanks
Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Chris

i am presuming that your reply meant that our problem had not be escalated to open reach on Monday. The speed of our broadband is so slow now it has taken me nearly 20 mins just to log on to this community page and our landline phone is virtually impossible to use with heavy crackling on both incoming and outgoing calls. Please give it priority and update me on progress - previously when we have had an issue we do not get any notification of what is actually happening and this is very frustrating

Highlighted

We escalated it but it was then closed automatically due to a system issue, just trying to find a way to escalate without it closing again - apologies for any inconvenience 

Chris

Highlighted

Hi Mervyn65,

Our network team have now escalated this again to Openreach on a different system that will hopefully get around the issue. If you don't hear anything beforehand can you bump the thread on Monday and we'll check for updates, apologies for the delay 

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Thank you Chris, however, very disappointed that by Monday we will have virtually no reasonable landline to use or an internet speed that we are paying for. Since we signed for faster fibre at the end of November we have had consistent problems. I hope that once resolved we get some sort of discount on our account. 

Highlighted

Hi Mervyn65, we can look at that once we've got you sorted.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.