Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Very Slow Fibre speed boost

9 REPLIES 9
Silverone
First Timer

I recently renewed my contract after considering leaving TalkTalk as I was getting very slow fibre speeds of 16-18mps against my contract guarantee of 36 mps minimum speed.  I was told by the Tech Team that the reason was a faulty router.  As part of my new contract I was sent a Huwai HG635 Super Router   that has now been plugged in for several days.  Surprise surprise, my download speed is no better, in fact a speed test in the last half hour it was 14mps and an upload speed of 4.6 mps.  The test was undertaken with all other wi fi devices switched off, the router is connected to the master socket and the test undertaken both via wi fi and ethernet.

I have tried to get help online via chat over the past few days, but I cannot get connected is there an issue?

I also noticed 3 BT Openreach vans outside our house yesterday is there an issue with their system? i think I need an engineer to cal as it seems to me that the fault is from the master socket to the exchange.  Can someone from the Community Team or Tech Team please contact me.

Thanks

Community Team

Hi Silverone

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see that the speed is low.

Is your landline service working ok when making calls? Has the router been connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

Silverone
First Timer

Hi Debbie,

No problems making or recieving calls, and router is connected to master socket.  Even when I disconnect the phone and all other devices are disconnected there is no improvement in download.upload speed.

Silverone
First Timer

Hi Debbie,

Just to clarify, I have a master socket that is not prefiltered and does not have a test socket. I changed the microfilter and connecting lead with the new one supplied by yoursekves when I changed the router.

Brian

Community Team

Hi Silverone,

Thanks for the additional information. Just to confirm, do you have any extension sockets or just the master socket?

Thanks

Silverone
First Timer

No extension sockets just master socket.  Looks like I am having the same issues as a lot of other customers, and may have to reconsider another provider if it is not resolved quickly

Community Team

Hi Silverone

I've escalated this fault over to our Network Team for investigation and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Silverone

The next step will be to arrange a BT Openreach engineer visit.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Silverone,

I've replied to your PM requesting a bit more information 

Chris

Community Team

Hi Silverone,

I've replied to your PM

Chris